This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Microsoft: We will fight tyranny to ensure our customers are not 2nd rate gamers

#1HENTAIDOJIPosted 8/25/2011 3:12:48 PM
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-24-why-microsoft-wont-publish-psn-firsts

"We're a little biased, so obviously we're going to look to protect our own space as best we can and get exclusivity," he said.

"Whilst I can't be specific about the terms and conditions, you can be very confident we seek to maximise our own advantage to ensure the playing field is even, and certainly plays to our advantage wherever possible.

I am glad of this. I remember playing the original demo of Burnout Paradise with all the frame skips (not present in final game) and it made me feel a 2nd rate gamer.
---
http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/4271/hentai1.jpg
#2XeonexFlashPosted 8/25/2011 3:14:32 PM
That doesn't even make sense and makes me question why MS made that guy a PR...
---
It's very strange when the life you never had flashes before your eyes. -Mental Imagery.
#3FFTHEWINNERPosted 8/25/2011 3:19:48 PM
this is what i expect from MS.Great gob:D.
---
WHO AM I?FFTHEWINNER. WHO ARE YOU?URTHELOSER
http://i.imgur.com/xgSex.png
#4FFTHEWINNERPosted 8/25/2011 3:20:06 PM
this is what i expect from MS.Great gob:D.
---
WHO AM I?FFTHEWINNER. WHO ARE YOU?URTHELOSER
http://i.imgur.com/xgSex.png
#5PrinceOfFalloutPosted 8/25/2011 3:29:08 PM
i feel loved by MS

*hugs windows 7*
---
"Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted"
GT:GodMode XIII
#6MalifacentXPosted 8/25/2011 3:36:10 PM
The disappointing thing here is that, for those of us who don't own both consoles, folks will potentially miss out on great titles. Another pissing match that, while good for business, doesn't promote healthy competition that keeps the industry strong.
---
PSN: SeventhLegion
Sean climbs like a crippled monkey with Parkinson's ~RyanJMcD on "The Saboteur"
#7MINION21046Posted 8/25/2011 3:47:32 PM
^stop talking out your ass - how does it not promote a healthy industry? i swear people just spew nonsensical crap that they think makes them sound logical and intelligent but when you actually think about it it is the stupidest crap ever heard.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ , have accepted him as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig
#8TrickyPonyPosted 8/25/2011 4:00:03 PM
MalifacentX posted...
The disappointing thing here is that, for those of us who don't own both consoles, folks will potentially miss out on great titles. Another pissing match that, while good for business, doesn't promote healthy competition that keeps the industry strong.

MS's policy means a single console owner doesn't get to play all the games, meaning they have to go out and buy the other competing console, which puts money into the economy and spurs competition. This causes stocks to stagnate somehow and the market to crash because the consumer is spending money. Now this may not be what they teach you in economics, but what do they know? I'm a video game board financial advisor.
#9Dragon NexusPosted 8/25/2011 5:45:27 PM
A game comes out.
It comes with 15 items on the 360 and 10 items on the PS3
Both versions cost $60.

Would PS3 owners feel ripped off? I'm fairly sure they would, and they'd be right to feel that way.

MS is protecting against the opposite, a game coming out for their console with missing content. Developers are being told that if they favour content for one console over another, they won't sanction the release on their console. This means developers must keep things balanced in order to gain maximum profits.

Most developers would choose to even out the content in that respect if they were already going multiplatform.
---
"I don't know, it's an impossible choice...I just have to hope that when I flip the coin it somehow explodes and kills me."
#10Devilman_AmonPosted 8/25/2011 5:55:36 PM(edited)
Yet FF XIII PS3 gets 1080p cutscenes & superior audio, and Mortal Kombat for PS3 has an extra playable character. It's called the power of Blu-Ray and the loophole called DLC, M$.....

deal with it
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)