This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Old XBOX game involving a million dollars..

#1MrRoamPosted 8/26/2011 6:54:52 AM
There is this an old XBOX game in which I'm trying to remember, it might be Dues Ex 2 but I could be wrong. The only thing I remember is that is was a third person game, and what caught my attention is if you beat the game first, you could win a million dollars. Maybe that wasn't it, but I do remember something about million dollars and a third person game. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? This Dues Ex game just made me remember it, and I thought this was that game's sequel. Hope someone knows what I'm talking about!
---
Mave
#2GarlikBakeryPosted 8/26/2011 7:00:40 AM
I think you are talking about Advent Rising, or something like that. I heard that they NEVER gave that million dollars away (SCANDAAAALOOUS!), and the game was supposed to be a trilogy but didn't do so good.
---
You are what you eat... That's why I'm human.
Owns: Xbox 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii
#3kst8erPosted 8/26/2011 7:03:27 AM
it was definitely advent rising and the game was so bad the contest should have been that they give a million dollars to whoever actually liked the game
---
"I consider myself an artist, but I would give it all up for a boatload of money" Jim Gaffigan
#4bigJ7235Posted 8/26/2011 7:05:45 AM
I'm sure that is game as well. I enjoyed it, I didn't know they had backed out of their offer though. Crazy. But I wouldn't mind playing the next chapter.
---
I'm a PS360ii gamer! XBL - PSN: JoshTru84
Currently own, 328 XB360, 108 XBLA, 44 PS3, 30 PSN, 38 Wii, 8 VC, 38 DS, 36 PSP, and 5 3DS games.
#5GarlikBakeryPosted 8/26/2011 7:13:11 AM
I looked it up, it turns out they backed out of the million dollars because of a problem with the Xbox time sync which gave others an advantage, so they gave many players copies of Majesco games.

The game's production sounds awesome though. Orson Scott Card and Tommy Talarico, etc. Too bad.
---
You are what you eat... That's why I'm human.
Owns: Xbox 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii
#6Samuel 025Posted 8/26/2011 7:20:57 AM
kst8er posted...
it was definitely advent rising and the game was so bad the contest should have been that they give a million dollars to whoever actually liked the game

Please. It was glitchy, that's all. The game was great. The trilogy didn't happen because the company went bankrupt.
---
Dr. House and Dr. Cox should team up and cure everything.
"Drinking Santana champ, cause it's so crisp!"
#7seb03Posted 8/26/2011 7:31:55 AM
kst8er posted...

The had some glitches but it was still good. I think the biggest problem was trying to start a big sci fi trilogy with a publisher like Majesco
---
"and when PS3 goes down you have to change your bank account and the locks on your door."
#8SUBSIST3NCEPosted 8/26/2011 7:32:55 AM
It was tight had good potential
---
XBL Gamertag: MoarVicodinPlz
=)
#9bigJ7235Posted 8/26/2011 7:51:10 AM
GarlikBakery posted...
I looked it up, it turns out they backed out of the million dollars because of a problem with the Xbox time sync which gave others an advantage, so they gave many players copies of Majesco games.

The game's production sounds awesome though. Orson Scott Card and Tommy Talarico, etc. Too bad.

Well at least they did give the players something.

And I think they had a video of them on the disc, showing behind the scenes, interviews, etc. All that good stuff. I believe it was on the disc, or it came with a bonus disc or something. But yeah, it was pretty cool from what I remember.
---
I'm a PS360ii gamer! XBL - PSN: JoshTru84
Currently own, 328 XB360, 108 XBLA, 44 PS3, 30 PSN, 38 Wii, 8 VC, 38 DS, 36 PSP, and 5 3DS games.
#10MrRoam(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2011 8:47:03 AM
Ha, thanks everyone for helping out. I really thought it was Deus Ex 2.
---
Mave