This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hurricane Irene - screwing up your gaming?

#1JKSonicPosted 8/27/2011 7:19:34 AM
Figured I'd put something gaming related in the title since for some reason my last topic was modded. I think there are certainly circumstances where non-video game related posted (especially if they are also non-political) should be allowed here! I mean I had a topic a few days ago that got WAY off games and should have been modded and it never was, I ended up closing it myself. Yet we're having a natural disaster and it's not left up?

Anyway, here's some "calm before the storm" pics I took yesterday. Right now I'm trying to conserve all batteries so I'm not using my TouchPad or cellphone or anything and I have to say that at this point watching the crazy winds and rain is much more interesting than any game I could play. If our electricity holds I may play something later since I'll be stuck inside (assuming my boys are napping), but on the other hand not sure if I want to risk losing time in a game to a power outage either.

Other than that, right now we're just getting pounded with the beginning of the winds and rain. Been raining most of the night but now it's pouring. I'm in Salisbury MD about 30mi from the ocean (and Ocean City, MD), 1m from a medium-sized river, and stuck on a peninsula only about an hour and a half across.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.227649680619199.75100.200479350002899&l=750994fae3&type=1

(don't need facebook to view the album)
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#2summerclawPosted 8/27/2011 7:23:55 AM
Hurricane Irene passed last Sunday here. There's still some places without Electricity so I'll be forgetting gaming for a while.
---
I can eat a Hot Dog underwater.
#3LoosePosted 8/27/2011 7:23:56 AM
I'm in CT so not yet, but maybe later. Kind of hoping it does. I need an excuse to crack open my Dreadnaught book. Loved Boneshaker so I'm not sure why I'm putting this book off so much.

It'll be hard to live without my DXHR for a little while, but if the worst that happens is just that, I'll consider myself lucky. I'm sure others will be dealing with property damage or worse (if they're not already, I don't really keep up with news all that frequently).
#4ShineboxerPosted 8/27/2011 7:26:56 AM
I think your good bro, it doesnt seem as bad as people made it sound.

Although I find all these natural disasters troubling after playing nothing but from dust.
#5VartosPosted 8/27/2011 7:31:03 AM(edited)
VA Beach here, and the winds are gusting 45-50mph at the present moment, but still have power. Those gusts will probably be 85-95mph later this afternoon though.

I will be irritated when the power goes out, I want to play my games.
---
http://forum.diadu.net/download/file.php?id=875
#6kaMMakaZZi29Posted 8/27/2011 7:33:56 AM
South Carolina here. Didn't get anything.
---
PSN: kaMMakaZZi9 / XBL: kaMMakaZZi29 / ADD ME!
UMvC3 main = Frank West! He's covered wars, ya know!
#7Shy420Posted 8/27/2011 7:34:31 AM
Great pics sonic.
---
"Things aren't different. Things are just things." -Wintermute
#8JKSonic(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2011 7:35:46 AM
Vartos posted...
VA Beach here, and the winds are gusting 45-50mph at the present moment, but still have power. Those gusts will probably be 85-95mph later this afternoon though.

I will be irritated when the power goes out, I want to play my games.

Yeah the main part should be coming over you soon. I haven't seen an update today but yesterday they were saying the winds should start really whipping around here at about 4pm. The current path they're projected takings the eye of the storm almost right over top of us.

I'm not thinking my life is in danger but going without power for a few days (they're predicting up to a week in my area) will be a HUGE inconvenience for sure...especially with an 8m old and an 18m old.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#9I_suk_at_golfPosted 8/27/2011 7:58:56 AM
kaMMakaZZi29 posted...
South Carolina here. Didn't get anything.

I'm glad. My family is on vacation in Myrtle Beach so it's good that their trip won't be ruined. I'm still in NY so we'll see what happens.
---
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y70/clearman11/dalygal.jpg