This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm looking for a game to introduce me to WRPG

#1IxIoN090Posted 8/27/2011 9:23:50 AM
I've had interest in the genre for some time but haven't got around to choose a game to start, and I want a nice introduction. I don't mind if they are for PC, but preferably for Xbox 360. Any recommendations?
---
"People die when they are killed." Emiya Shirou.
#2SquallWindbladePosted 8/27/2011 9:26:14 AM
Start with Oblivion, Fallout 3, or Dragon Age: Origins.

The choice depends on the following:
Do you want a medieval sandbox? Oblivion.
Do you want a medieval plot with direction? DA:O
Do you want a post-apocalyptic setting? Fallout 3.
---
Current field of study: Game Software Development
SOLVING ALL PROBLEMS WITH THE MAXIMUM POSSIBLE AMOUNT OF BLOODSHED IS JUST THE FURBY WAY.
#3MirageMew2Posted 8/27/2011 9:27:30 AM
Mass Effect.
---
Currently Playing: Oblivion, From Dust, Mass Effect 2
Backlog: Sacred 2, Alan Wake, Bioshock
#4themerlinPosted 8/27/2011 9:31:05 AM(edited)
Fable 3
Fable 2
Mass Effect 2
Mass Effect
Dragon Age 2
Fallout 3
Fallout New Vegas
Oblivion
Dragon Age Origins
Deus Ex Human Revolution

In that order i would say from most welcoming to new players to least. All are quality games though

I own all these games and would recommend any one of them.
---
As the world plunges into chaos, in this the final days of the wretched human race, there is only one antidote to this misery.....THE ELECTRIC WIZARD.
#5IxIoN090(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2011 9:36:32 AM
Hmm, maybe I'll start with Oblivion. Though from the screenshots I've seen the graphics aren't that great but no big deal. I'm not picky with graphics as a person who started gaming in the SNES era.

Or should I wait for Skyrim?
---
"People die when they are killed." Emiya Shirou.
#6themerlinPosted 8/27/2011 9:38:46 AM
IxIoN090 posted...
Hmm, maybe I'll start with Oblivion. Though from the screenshots I've seen the graphics aren't that great but no big deal. I'm not picky with graphics as a person who started gaming in the SNES era.

Or should I wait for Skyrim?

Well you can get the GOTY cheap and the graphics for the environments are great, not so much the people though.
---
As the world plunges into chaos, in this the final days of the wretched human race, there is only one antidote to this misery.....THE ELECTRIC WIZARD.
#7LtMessiahDM504Posted 8/27/2011 10:18:21 AM
To be honest, what WRPG elements do you need an introduction to?

There are plenty of recommendations but Oblivion would be the best all around introduction to a WRPG.
---
Path of Exile and/or Torchlight 2 - if you want character customization, fair pvp play, micro transactions only affecting looks, and actually earning your loot!
#8J90074Posted 8/27/2011 10:27:24 AM
It really depends on what kind of genre you like
TPS-Mass Effect 1 or 2
Stealth-Deus Ex Human Revolution
FPS-Fallout New Vegas
Brawler-Dragon Age 2
RTS-Dragon Age Origins
Horror-Vampire Bloodlines on PC
---
gt= havikzero
SSBB FC:0989-1407-2689
#9MUD VIPERPosted 8/27/2011 10:43:42 AM
Two world 2, Dragon age 1, mass effect "1" or deus ex human revolution.

Oblivion will not introduce you to a true wrpg. What it will introduce you too is a good questing hack and slash.
---
Console bug testing has been outsourced to gamers now. For $60 you to can become a game tester.
#10themerlinPosted 8/27/2011 10:47:15 AM(edited)
Dragon Age 2 is not a brawler, it`s a faster DAO combat system with flashy animation, put it on hard and turn on auto attack and it`s a lot like Dragon Age Origins.

Dragon Age 2 is not a brawler, it`s a faster DAO combat system with flashy animation, put it on hard and turn on auto attack and it`s a lot like Dragon Age Origins.

---MUD VIPER posted...
Two world 2, Dragon age 1, mass effect "1" or deus ex human revolution.

Oblivion will not introduce you to a true wrpg. What it will introduce you too is a good questing hack and slash.

Really ? Really >

Oblivion a hack and slash ? No sir hack and slash is Torchlight or Dungeon Siege 3.
---