This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm looking for a game to introduce me to WRPG

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. I'm looking for a game to introduce me to WRPG
5 years ago#1
I've had interest in the genre for some time but haven't got around to choose a game to start, and I want a nice introduction. I don't mind if they are for PC, but preferably for Xbox 360. Any recommendations?
"People die when they are killed." Emiya Shirou.
5 years ago#2
Start with Oblivion, Fallout 3, or Dragon Age: Origins.

The choice depends on the following:
Do you want a medieval sandbox? Oblivion.
Do you want a medieval plot with direction? DA:O
Do you want a post-apocalyptic setting? Fallout 3.
Current field of study: Game Software Development
SOLVING ALL PROBLEMS WITH THE MAXIMUM POSSIBLE AMOUNT OF BLOODSHED IS JUST THE FURBY WAY.
5 years ago#3
Mass Effect.
Currently Playing: Oblivion, From Dust, Mass Effect 2
Backlog: Sacred 2, Alan Wake, Bioshock
5 years ago#4
Fable 3
Fable 2
Mass Effect 2
Mass Effect
Dragon Age 2
Fallout 3
Fallout New Vegas
Oblivion
Dragon Age Origins
Deus Ex Human Revolution

In that order i would say from most welcoming to new players to least. All are quality games though

I own all these games and would recommend any one of them.
As the world plunges into chaos, in this the final days of the wretched human race, there is only one antidote to this misery.....THE ELECTRIC WIZARD.
5 years ago#5
Hmm, maybe I'll start with Oblivion. Though from the screenshots I've seen the graphics aren't that great but no big deal. I'm not picky with graphics as a person who started gaming in the SNES era.

Or should I wait for Skyrim?
"People die when they are killed." Emiya Shirou.
5 years ago#6
IxIoN090 posted...
Hmm, maybe I'll start with Oblivion. Though from the screenshots I've seen the graphics aren't that great but no big deal. I'm not picky with graphics as a person who started gaming in the SNES era.

Or should I wait for Skyrim?

Well you can get the GOTY cheap and the graphics for the environments are great, not so much the people though.
As the world plunges into chaos, in this the final days of the wretched human race, there is only one antidote to this misery.....THE ELECTRIC WIZARD.
5 years ago#7
To be honest, what WRPG elements do you need an introduction to?

There are plenty of recommendations but Oblivion would be the best all around introduction to a WRPG.
Path of Exile and/or Torchlight 2 - if you want character customization, fair pvp play, micro transactions only affecting looks, and actually earning your loot!
5 years ago#8
It really depends on what kind of genre you like
TPS-Mass Effect 1 or 2
Stealth-Deus Ex Human Revolution
FPS-Fallout New Vegas
Brawler-Dragon Age 2
RTS-Dragon Age Origins
Horror-Vampire Bloodlines on PC
gt= havikzero
SSBB FC:0989-1407-2689
5 years ago#9
Two world 2, Dragon age 1, mass effect "1" or deus ex human revolution.

Oblivion will not introduce you to a true wrpg. What it will introduce you too is a good questing hack and slash.
Console bug testing has been outsourced to gamers now. For $60 you to can become a game tester.
5 years ago#10
Dragon Age 2 is not a brawler, it`s a faster DAO combat system with flashy animation, put it on hard and turn on auto attack and it`s a lot like Dragon Age Origins.

Dragon Age 2 is not a brawler, it`s a faster DAO combat system with flashy animation, put it on hard and turn on auto attack and it`s a lot like Dragon Age Origins.

---MUD VIPER posted...
Two world 2, Dragon age 1, mass effect "1" or deus ex human revolution.

Oblivion will not introduce you to a true wrpg. What it will introduce you too is a good questing hack and slash.

Really ? Really >

Oblivion a hack and slash ? No sir hack and slash is Torchlight or Dungeon Siege 3.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. I'm looking for a game to introduce me to WRPG

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived