This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you manage your retail games collection when it gets big?

#1JigSawXPosted 8/27/2011 10:29:05 AM
After a while what do you do to manage your collection?
#2Frisco557Posted 8/27/2011 10:29:58 AM
I put the games I'm playing near my 360(sorted into racing and not racing) and the rest on a dvd rack against the wall.
---
The real Frisco is dead. He was a good dog who loved car rides.
#3BrucebeePosted 8/27/2011 11:01:01 AM
trade in the ones you dont play
#4BuckVanHammerPosted 8/27/2011 11:02:33 AM
i sell what i dont play anymore. i've saved all my previous gens games and systems since the nes days and i rarely dig them out and set them up to play anymore. Now I sell my games so someone else can enjoy them instead of me hording them. I just ask myself would i play this 10 years from now and only a handful from this gen have i believed the answer was yes to that question. I save my classic gen stuff so my kids can have a chance to experience them, but if i didn't have kids i'd probably sell that stuff to. I dont see the point in having stuff that im not going to every use or play again just to say I own them.
---
after I leave here I'm gettin a memory enema
#5_SCOTSLADPosted 8/27/2011 11:04:12 AM(edited)
I have an elaborate rope & pulley system. All the games acre clipped onto the rope via clothes pegs.
Simply pull the ropes and they all go past, pick the one off I want, clip back on when done.
---
"I just heard a *FUMP* sound, like that of a billion fanboy heads exploding in unison."
#6LikeTheSaltPosted 8/27/2011 11:30:16 AM
Brucebee posted...
trade in the ones you dont play

This. I only allow my self so much room on a DVD rack. One row for PS3 games and two rows for Xbox games. Once I start running out of room, I trade in the games I know I'll likely never play again.
---
GT: like the salt / PSN: LikeTheSalt
"Initiative comes to thems that wait"
#7hrjPosted 8/27/2011 11:48:36 AM
Games are the last thing on my mind when it gets big.
---
PSN/GT - Hennaboy
#8HHM_HHUPosted 8/27/2011 12:05:38 PM
I start to trade games in if my collection gets too big.
I don't like having a big collection, unless it is a collection of a series.
If I have a bunch of games that are all different then I decide which ones i want and which ones I won't miss. Sometimes I am wrong but most of the time I never really miss games i trade in.
---
I own and love all three current systems!
(MGO - he-hate-me/ Ash_Apocalypse)
#9Ginsu VictimPosted 8/27/2011 12:18:20 PM
I get those DVD cases that hold 6 or 7 discs, put the games in one of those, then print a cover showing all the games inside. After that, I just store the old boxes in the closet.
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)
#10BodilyFluids69Posted 8/27/2011 12:25:06 PM
i put the exclusives in one pile, and the multiplats in the other...

... i have one pile.
---
- You're wealthy and date "hot" chicks, yet you live on Gamefaqs? lol, no you don't.
- GameFAQs: Land of the atheist game-addicts.