This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xbox live subscription- Why?

#71ShineboxerPosted 8/28/2011 3:08:36 PM
Dr_Aaron posted...
CapnStanky posted...
One down for over a month this year alone, the other up 24/7.

In this case, money didn't make this difference, incompetence did.

Basic security features and common sense don't cost anything. Sony is rich anyway, why would they need a subscription fee in order to pour money into their service?

Like I've already said, charging just $1-5 a year would more than cover any maintenance and server costs. And would introduce even more people to the service which can only be seen as a good thing.

(bandwidth and servers are cheap, getting cheaper every day)

Sony isn't rich their gaming department is in debt to 3 Billion I believe this year alone.

XBL=Make.1 Billion
PSN=Make.Debt
#72CapnStankyPosted 8/28/2011 3:49:14 PM
Bladin posted...
Your right, gosh how could I have forgotten that month of downtime. Gee folly that sure hurts. It's not like we weren't given free games and a month of free psn+, not it was down and we got nothing from it, and we ALL had our ccs stolen and our accounts robbed,.

The funny thing is, this has happened every other month for the past 6 years!

Really, the whole psn debacle was completely overblown.

And honestly, if they forced everyone to pay for psn+ to go online. It'd be a much better value than xbla. Sony actually gives you a reason to pay, rather then making you pay for stuff they didn't even make.

Free games make up for thousands of CC and personal info being compromised. Hahahahaha. In other words, 'free' means 'feel free to give my info to hackers'. With that kind of logic, it's no wonder the PS3 is in dead last.
#73ACitizenOfEarthPosted 8/28/2011 4:09:29 PM
Because they can
---
Highest Selling HD Console 2011 Jan-Aug (PS3) [8 Mnths], N/A (360) [0 Months] Sept-Dec (Pend) [4 Mnths]
MW: Halo A (360)
#74Dr_Aaron(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2011 5:36:06 PM
CapnStanky posted...
Free games make up for thousands of CC and personal info being compromised. Hahahahaha. In other words, 'free' means 'feel free to give my info to hackers'. With that kind of logic, it's no wonder the PS3 is in dead last.

Why would you need a credit card for something that is "free"?

1/10 I responded.
#75CapnStankyPosted 8/28/2011 5:45:06 PM
Dr_Aaron posted...
CapnStanky posted...

Why would you need a credit card for something that is "free"?

1/10 I responded.

Yep, my bad, I forgot that PSN+ is free, DLC is free, PSN games are all free.

http://imagemacros.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/hurr_train.jpg?w=450&h=418