This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Most effective way to increase memory space of 4gp "elite" model?

#1NofoundationPosted 8/27/2011 9:37:27 PM
A friend of mine purchased the kinect bundle, which has an internal Hard drive of only 4gbs. What's the most efficient way of increasing the capacity? I have an older 120gb HD that I no longer use, is there any way I can donate that to him for use or is there a better option?

If it matters, he needs more space for Arcade games mostly.
---
Jim Sterling gives exercise a "never" out of 10
#2OmegaBladesPosted 8/27/2011 9:47:33 PM
The new models don't support the older hard drive models. He'll need to either buy the 250gb hard drive or get 16gb USB drives to expand his space.
---
PSN & XBL Tag: OmegaBlades
3DS Friend Code: 1032-1408-2462
#3HeyZeus94Posted 8/27/2011 9:54:57 PM
u can still use the old harddrives just fine. you just have to take the plastic cover off of them and then they fit right inside the nex xbox's. there are videos on youtube showing you how to do it, its super easy.
#4SoullusPosted 8/27/2011 11:11:56 PM
HeyZeus94 posted...
u can still use the old harddrives just fine. you just have to take the plastic cover off of them and then they fit right inside the nex xbox's. there are videos on youtube showing you how to do it, its super easy.

This
#5Ned_MandingoPosted 8/28/2011 6:48:24 AM
Quote:u can still use the old harddrives just fine. you just have to take the plastic cover off of them and then they fit right inside the nex xbox's. there are videos on youtube showing you how to do it, its super easy.
@HeyZeus94

This again. Take apart and slide it in the hole. Lots of videos on YouTube showing how.
---
Put text here
#6_SCOTSLADPosted 8/28/2011 7:14:21 AM
What they all said ^

*ADDS you can purchase a new case for the HDD if you do not want to just shove it in there.

see - http://tinyurl.com/3hs9vpz
---
"I just heard a *FUMP* sound, like that of a billion fanboy heads exploding in unison."