This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Unused Xbox Live accounts...

#1BrownPackPosted 8/28/2011 9:57:41 AM
I wanted to change my gamertag recently. I entered in the gamertag I wanted, and then I saw that someone had the gamertag that I wanted. The thing here is that this account hasn't seemed to have been used for more than a year already. I can tell because not only is there no gamer picture, there has been no increase in gamerscore over the past year. I heard online that Xbox will delete gamertags that haven't been used for a long time so that their names will be available to those willing to spend MSP. The thing is, how long does it take for a gamertag to completely expire? Not just from Xbox live gold membership, but simply from xbox?
---
Five, one two three four FiF
#2Arucard05Posted 8/28/2011 10:00:37 AM
Pretty much only Xbox 1 Gamertags that haven't moved to the 360 are the only ones with a shot.
---
You should buy Beyond Good and Evil HD. Seriously, please?
#3CapwnDPosted 8/28/2011 10:07:34 AM
I heard online that Xbox will delete gamertags that haven't been used for a long time

Not true.
---
As Above, So Below
#4BrownPack(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2011 11:16:32 AM
CaPwnD posted...
I heard online that Xbox will delete gamertags that haven't been used for a long time

Not true.

I like how you're going to say something, without an explanation. you might as well have not posted as all. If you're going to post something, it better be useful.

There is a video on xbox 101 that tells that they are in the process of deleting unused xbox live accounts.
---
#5CarcerCityHoodPosted 8/28/2011 11:31:23 AM
What you heard was incorrect. Microsoft aren't deleting inactive accounts incase the owner comes back.

The only exception was they started deleting old Xbox 1 gamertags because it was impossible to transfer them to 360 now that the original Xbox LIVE is down. They stopped doing that though, because a handful of people would claim all the good ones and sell them. This is against the ToS, so I wouldn't count on Microsoft doing it again for a LONG time.

You're one and only option is to message the guy and hope he sees it on xbox.com or something.
#6CapwnDPosted 8/28/2011 11:34:03 AM

CaPwnD posted...

Not true.

I like how you're going to say something, without an explanation. you might as well have not posted as all. If you're going to post something, it better be useful.

There is a video on xbox 101 that tells that they are in the process of deleting unused xbox live accounts.

First of all, I was posting on a mobile device. Secondly, watch the video closer. They are getting rid of old xbox accounts, not the new xbox 360 accounts. How are you going to take somebody's account that has points on it and has DLC and delete it?
---
As Above, So Below
#7BrownPack(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2011 4:52:10 PM
CaPwnD posted...
CaPwnD posted...

Not true.

First of all, I was posting on a mobile device. Secondly, watch the video closer. They are getting rid of old xbox accounts, not the new xbox 360 accounts. How are you going to take somebody's account that has points on it and has DLC and delete it?

His account had little or no activity done on it whatsoever. There is no gamerscore, no profile info, and not even a gamerpicture. It's almost as if someone made the gamertag just to have it, without intention of using it.
---
#8CapwnDPosted 8/28/2011 5:00:00 PM

CaPwnD posted...
CaPwnD posted...

Not true.

His account had little or no activity done on it whatsoever. There is no gamerscore, no profile info, and not even a gamerpicture. It's almost as if someone made the gamertag just to have it, without intention of using it.

Doesn't matter. I have guest accounts like that. And you can't tell if it has points on it.
---
As Above, So Below