This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Halo 4 is the biggest worked on game for 2012?

#1ROFLdPosted 8/28/2011 4:17:14 PM
Seems like they're going the Reclaimer/Forerunner route with this game ;)

"200 or so people are working on Halo 4, indeed have been doing so for a couple of years now. Staff from 25-30 different game studios are represented at 343.
"It plays like Halo," creative director Josh Holmes said. "It sounds simple but that was really important to us. As a team we were brought together by this love for this universe and this play experience, and we wanted to maintain the core of that magical Halo feel."

Some of the staff: (if you know more let me know)

Design:
- Scott Warner @scott_343
- Jesse Snyder - (former Call of Duty lead designer, creator of Nazi Zombies) @thejessesnyder
- Jason Behr (Metroid Prime 1/2)
- Chris Haluke (Design Lead on Killzone 3) yuck.
- Dan Callan @danjamin
- Paul Parsons @paul_par
- M.E. Chung @lizmechung
- Kevin Franklin @kevin_franklin
- Paul Ehreth (Shadowrun)
- Kendall Deacon Davis
- Jonathan Schwartz (UI Design)
- Chris King (Volition)
- Kynan Pearson (Metroid Prime series)
- Chad Armstrong - Shishka (apparently he's doing the Achievements and Terminals in CEA -yeah i wrote that around e3 time, and i can't remember where i read that)

Art and Animation:
- Ryan Payton (Metal Gear Solid 4) @ryanpayton
- Vic Deleon (Halo: Reach) @vicdeleon
- Paul Pepera (Doom 4)
- Donnie Taylor (ex-Bungie contract)
- Wei Wiharjo Chen (The Saboteur)
- Jonathan Wood (EA)
- Johnny van Zelm (Sony Online Entertainment)
- Mike Murrill (Naughty Dog)
- Daveed Kaplan
- Will Christiansen (contract, ex-Bungie contract)
- Tim Diaz (God of War 3)
- Chris Buckley The_DrMouse (Graphic Designer)
- Neill Harrison (Rare)

Producers:
- Dan Ayoub @Danayoub (Executive Producer)
- Gavin Carter (Fallout 3, TES: Oblivion) @gavinc343
- Veronica Peshterianu (The Sims 2)
- Corrinne Robinson
- Alex Cutting
- Che Chou (Forza 3) @chespace

Engineering:
- Joe Waters (Shadowrun)
- Matt Brown (Bioshock 2)
- Peter Kugler (Microsoft SDET)
- Zhi Min Chen (KAOS)
- Corrinne Yu (Gearbox)

AudioVisual:
- Cinematic Director: Brien Goodrich (Forza)
- Composer: Neil Davidge (Massive Attack)
- Audio Director: Sotaro Tojima (Metal Gear Solid 4)
- Schlerf @schlerf (Writer)

Kiki Wolfkill - (Turn10) Producer
Allison Stroll - (MS Publishing) Producer
David Yu - (Pseudo Interactive) - CTO
Bonnie Ross - (MS Publishing) - Group General Manager
Chris Lee - (MS Publishing) - Senior Producer
Humberto Castaneda - (MS Publishing) - Producer/Waypoint
Josh Holmes - (Propaganda Games) - Studio Creative Director
Corrinne Robinson - (McFarlane Toys) - Associate Producer
Scott Parrish - (Industrial Light + Magic) - Lead Creature Technical Director
Christopher French (Propaganda Games) - Designer
Brad Welch - (Pandemic) - Lead Designer
Ray Almaden - (EA/LMNO & Guerrilla Games) - Lead Designer
Armando Troisi - (Bioware & Propaganda) - Narrative Director
Tom French - (Pandemic) - Senior Mission Designer
Dan Ayoub - (Ubisoft & Propaganda) Producer

Nicolas Bouvier (Sparth) - worked on Prince of Persia stuff and Rage
Tom Scholes - Worked on Guild Wars/GW2
Gabriel Garza (Robogabo) - Guys is insanely good concept designer
---
Achievements: 4749/5061
TrueAchievements.com + x360a > all
#2Arucard05Posted 8/28/2011 4:20:50 PM
I wonder how it must be going from working on a game like CoD or Killzone, where your job was to make a game better than Halo. And now you work on Halo.
---
You should buy Beyond Good and Evil HD. Seriously, please?
#3Infamous0nePosted 8/28/2011 4:23:22 PM
Arucard05 posted...
I wonder how it must be going from working on a game like CoD or Killzone, where your job was to make a game better than Halo. And now you work on Halo.

One thing that makes Halo so amazing is that every game tries to copy CoD while Halo stays away from it.

Look at Sony desperatly trying to latch onto that CoD fanbase with Socom4/Mag/KZ3 and Uncharted 3 multi, all which have CoD-esque features (hint hint Sony, it's not working).

Looking forward to this installment of Halo.
#4MrRoamPosted 8/28/2011 4:42:29 PM
for online, they need to get rid of this 4v4 and go back to 8v8. Pleassseeeeee.
---
Mave
#5LimblessQuasarPosted 8/28/2011 4:58:36 PM
MrRoam posted...

I think they just need to have some interesting gametypes. Halo 3 had a lot of variety for its time. Then ODST did nothing multi, and Reach, while innovating "a bit" didn't do much besides copy what 3 did and add Infection. They also need to go back to making memorable maps. Got my fingers crossed for this game...
#6Delta ZeroPosted 8/28/2011 5:02:00 PM
MrRoam posted...

They should give us that option yes, but they should also make some freaking 16v16 epic battles. I just want a bunch of vehicles causing mayhem on a giant battlefield, or massive objective games.
---
-__-
#7JawrduhnPosted 8/28/2011 5:06:37 PM
LimblessQuasar posted...
MrRoam posted...

I think they just need to have some interesting gametypes. Halo 3 had a lot of variety for its time. Then ODST did nothing multi, and Reach, while innovating "a bit" didn't do much besides copy what 3 did and add Infection. They also need to go back to making memorable maps. Got my fingers crossed for this game...

Yeah, I would love more gametypes myself. I'm not sure what dude meant by get rid of 4v4 when you could always play 8v8 if you really wanted to. Not sure what the point would be of stripping its most popular player set even though both are already in the game.

I loved action sack in Halo 3 but in Reach it was awful. I found myself playing Squad Slayer the most in Reach and I still do, love that gametype. Keeping it like that would be fine, what I'm most looking for is more maps, a lot of maps. And more Forge options also, not really shapes or anything, moreso piece types so everything isn't just metal and grey. If we could custom color things or have new types of materials for shapes, forge maps would be even better.
---
Don't like a game, you're a hater. Like a game, you're biased.
Your opinion = Nonsense. Everyone else's = Fact.
#8oasisbeyondPosted 8/28/2011 5:10:22 PM
So fans of Halo are making Halo 4... Not gona be anything special imo.
#9Homie_202Posted 8/28/2011 5:24:48 PM
I never understood why killzone claimed to be a halo killer. Even tho IMO its better (everyone may not agree and HALO is amazing) Its really not anything like halo. It plays nothing like it and the enemies are nothing like the halo enemies. Killzone doesnt remind me of any game I have ever played before.
#10Infamous0nePosted 8/28/2011 6:14:13 PM
Homie_202 posted...
I never understood why killzone claimed to be a halo killer. Even tho IMO its better (everyone may not agree and HALO is amazing) Its really not anything like halo. It plays nothing like it and the enemies are nothing like the halo enemies. Killzone doesnt remind me of any game I have ever played before.

PS3 fanboys said it was going to be and it backfired like CRAZY. Halo is the higher rated, higher selling franchise with dozens of millions of fans who even by the books and anime (which are good, btw). It's well supported throughout the years so fans never get bored, has a good, vast community and has an amazing lore, and award-winning composers.

Yeah, KZ never had a chance. It was Sony''s lame attempt at copying the human-alien FPS success that is Halo.