This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Every game I want to play right now is unplayable

#1LazyDave1Posted 8/28/2011 9:38:13 PM
In the last week I have wanted to play 3 different games: Crysis 2, AC:B, and Battlefield BC2.

Quit Crysis 2 after one day because of the film grain glitch. It makes the once-pretty graphics extraordinary ugly, and vertical white lines constantly travel across the screen. Basically, it's like playing an HD game on an old tube TV. The glitch exists only on the 360 version and Crytek clearly has no intention of patching it. The solution given by everyone is to "restart the level", but even that only works sometimes.

So, I went to Brotherhood; even bought the DLC since I had 800 points to spend. Halfway through the DLC the "white gradient" bug reemerged. The top half of the screen is covered in a white fog that quickly gives you a headache and renders the entire game unplayable (unless you're some sort of masochist). Unlike the film grain glitch in Crysis 2, there is literally no known solution of any kind. Similarly to Crysis 2, however, the developer (Ubisoft) claims that it is "intentional" and will never release any sort of patch. This glitch exists on all versions, including PC.

So, **** those two games. I want to play some Battlefield with my friends! Yay! Too bad I can't do that either, because I get the usual "Failed to connect to EA online". EA's official forums are exploding with complaints about this, and their only response has been to delete half the posts.

Now what? It would be cool if game developers actually gave a **** anymore. Google all of these issues I've mentioned if you're unfamiliar with them.

/rant
---
I was too lazy to come up with a decent username. So what?
#2nozomi429Posted 8/28/2011 9:46:15 PM
The Brotherhood "white gradient" glitch--is it more common on the 360 version or the PS3 version? Or is it equally common? I've never encountered it, but I played it on PS3.
---
Nozomi. Zombie. Argonian.
#3LazyDave1(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2011 10:12:35 PM
I believe it's equally common. I have only played the 360 versions of all the games, but I know for sure that the film grain glitch in Crysis 2 is 360-only.
---
#4peter_888Posted 8/28/2011 10:25:26 PM
nozomi429 posted...
The Brotherhood "white gradient" glitch--is it more common on the 360 version or the PS3 version? Or is it equally common? I've never encountered it, but I played it on PS3.

same, I have the ps3 version of AC:B but never encountered the glitch. I didn't even know that it existed.
---
I'm a gamer dang it, not a pc gamer or a console gamer, just a gamer.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Peter47890
#5RahzarXPosted 8/28/2011 10:38:18 PM
Try a different copy of the game...
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#6LazyDave1(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2011 10:43:27 PM
RahzarX posted...
Try a different copy of the game...

Okay, I'll go and buy a new copy of all three games, even though a simple google search suggests that each problem is fairly widespread. Thanks for the advice!
---
#7Hucast9Posted 8/28/2011 10:58:45 PM
I hear you on the Crysis 2 film grain bs. Including that film grain is worst decision i've seen in recent memory. That film grain is probably there to cover up stuff that isn't impressive looking in the game, which is half of the objects in the game.
#8nintendogamer13Posted 8/28/2011 11:31:09 PM
Crysis 2 gave me a headache. Beat it and traded it in the next day.
#9Link43130Posted 8/28/2011 11:37:26 PM
EA Is doing major server maintenance in preparation of BF3. If you wait a few minutes on the menu and retry, you should connect. Alternatively you can play a campaign level until it saves, or reset your date and time to 11/15/2005.
---
Steam/XBL/PSN: Link43130
#10LazyDave1(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2011 11:43:50 PM
Link43130 posted...
EA Is doing major server maintenance in preparation of BF3. If you wait a few minutes on the menu and retry, you should connect. Alternatively you can play a campaign level until it saves, or reset your date and time to 11/15/2005.

I have actually tried all of these things.

Waited 20 minutes on main menu -> failed to connect.
Played through 3 or 4 checkpoints of single player -> failed to connect.
Cleared cache and reset clock to 2005 -> failed to connect.
---