This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Well, my windows live id is messed up now, thanks olot microsoft.

#1mtjormitchPosted 8/29/2011 8:28:34 PM
Basically, I have been wanting to change my gamertags ID to something else because the email provider of my current ID is out of business. (still has working email however.) well, I go to change it and at the VERY last step, it won't let me change it... it still hasn't for over a month.

well, I try to fix it by calling microsoft to get them to manuelly do it. too bad however that they won't, only the tech team could do that. (basically making me pay a good deal of money to do something I actually doubt would work since this live ID crap is bullcrap.)

Whoever made windows live ID should have their limbs chopped of and the stumps should be dipped in acid, THEN hot lava, I have spent alot of time on my gamertag and ALOT of money. basically, once my email provider goes down and the freaking xbox I have craps out for whatever reason, goodbye gamertag. hello lawsuit to microsoft. I am sorry, but this system is crap, it is worse then DRM IMHO. Just more hidden.

so I am forced to find a job to get some money on the side so I can prepare for when the day comes, but I am pissed of seriously. whoever made the system of windows live ID does deserve a very horrible torture session with me and the most hardass torture dude alive today.

Only use hotmail guys, NEVER EVER USE ANYTHING ELSE!
---
People need to realize that games are art. seroiusly, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.
#2nintendogamer13Posted 8/29/2011 8:50:28 PM
I agree. Its stupid how you need a windows live id to create a gamer tag. Very annoying.
#3_SantoSatanico_Posted 8/29/2011 8:52:20 PM
Lol olot
---
GT-SoMeK1NdAhAt3
#4mtjormitch(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2011 8:55:05 PM
nintendogamer13 posted...
I agree. Its stupid how you need a windows live id to create a gamer tag. Very annoying.

It is exactly like DRM. just more well hidden and only ****** with you when your email is going to get ******... sorry for the bleeps, I am angry. please forgive that.
---
People need to realize that games are art. seroiusly, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.
#5DarkTyrantXPosted 8/29/2011 8:57:10 PM
um i can change my email... dont be so paranoid...
#6mtjormitch(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2011 8:59:36 PM
DarkTyrantX posted...
um i can change my email... dont be so paranoid...

I did all the steps correctly. it just won't let me do it at all... It literally won't, and don't patronize me because you can do it. It won't let me even though I can still log on to both the IDs and actually use them... I feel that this will end in a lawsuit, I just got that feeling.

I have spent a good 500 bucks with all the dlc and download codes and countless hours of work on my gamertag will be gone... I have a feeling that is worth going to court over if this truly does mess up bad.
---
#7DarkTyrantXPosted 8/29/2011 9:06:18 PM
Dude you cant use your gamertag,it's impossible.
#8mtjormitch(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2011 9:16:28 PM
DarkTyrantX posted...
Dude you cant use your gamertag,it's impossible.

Wut? Okay, you are confused then, EVERYTHING WORKS! BUT IF I TRY TO CHANGE IT, IT LETS ME THROUGH TO THE LAST OPTION OF 'YES CHANGE IT!' THEN IT SAYS EMAIL OR PASSWORD IS NOT GOOD... even though it accepted it. like. ten seconds ago... it makes zero to no sense and honestly, I am deserved some damn payback for this crap.
---
#9GobizkuPosted 8/29/2011 9:29:38 PM
mtjormitch posted...
well, I try to fix it by calling microsoft to get them to manuelly do it. too bad however that they won't, only the tech team could do that. (basically making me pay a good deal of money to do something I actually doubt would work since this live ID crap is bullcrap.)

If by Microsoft you mean Xbox, then they "won't" do it because they can't.

Xbox support =/= WLID support.

http://explore.live.com/windows-live-help-center
---
"Chaos Is Not Entropy...Chaos Is Continual Creation." -Praxis
Preparation For A Coming Darkness
#10liquidblue4Posted 8/29/2011 9:33:46 PM
you obviously just have no clue at all what you're doing.
i've changed my email for my gamertag with ease... it wasn't even something that i would have ever thought would be hard... ever.
if you think that you have even the slightest chance in any world to file a lawsuit... i see major disappointment in your future.
they're going to laugh at you.
---
GT: Liquidbiue4
PSN: Liquidblue4