This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Well, my windows live id is messed up now, thanks olot microsoft.

#31RenamonPosted 8/29/2011 10:32:38 PM
CarcerCityHood posted...
GoBi, wrong and as useless as always. He needs to call and ask for either a higher up or to be transferred to a team that can help. Windows ID isn't the issue here, it's Xbox Live.

And the higher ups will say the same thing. Have you ever called MS and have them fix a WLID issue? Or are you just jumping to wild conclusions based on nothing that you know more than the employees?

Sounds like you're just full of yourself and trolling.
---
Movies that I believe will come true: Wall-E, Idiocracy
Halo 1 > all other Halo games
#32CarcerCityHoodPosted 8/29/2011 10:43:36 PM
Renamon posted...
CarcerCityHood posted...
GoBi, wrong and as useless as always. He needs to call and ask for either a higher up or to be transferred to a team that can help. Windows ID isn't the issue here, it's Xbox Live.

And the higher ups will say the same thing. Have you ever called MS and have them fix a WLID issue? Or are you just jumping to wild conclusions based on nothing that you know more than the employees?

Sounds like you're just full of yourself and trolling.

Trolling? You need to get out more man. And it's not an "attitude" it's just the way things are. Whenever I have a problem, you guys have me go through these steps, which I'm sure has NEVER helped anyone ever.

I had my disk drive break and grind my disk to pieces. I called to get a box shipped to me, but first they had me unplug the console and remove the hard drive, like that would magically put the lens back into place. Support, whether those steps are mandatory or not, they are wasting our time. Support is next to useless, and that's pretty much confirmed because whenever I see GoBi post he always says he can't do this, and can't do that. Well WTF can you do?

On xbox.com you can log in and change your profile, billing info, email, etc. It's really not that hard. For the third ****ing time, this isn't a Windows ID issue. He already has one and it works, but LIVE won't let him change it.

So now we have two support reps, from two different companies, that can't find their way out of a paper bag. Awesome.
#33yanksfan4247Posted 8/29/2011 10:51:35 PM
CarcerCityHood posted...

TC, have you tried changing the email on xbox.com?

Wow dude. You are 100% wrong. You can't change live id emails on that.
---
http://gamercards.exophase.com/69396.png
#34CarcerCityHoodPosted 8/29/2011 10:53:38 PM
^Except you can, I've done it before. Unless they changed it with the website overhaul.

Anyway, I told him what he needs to do. I'm done.
#35RenamonPosted 8/29/2011 11:00:27 PM(edited)
On xbox.com you can log in and change your profile, billing info, email, etc. It's really not that hard. For the third ****ing time, this isn't a Windows ID issue. He already has one and it works, but LIVE won't let him change it.

The only thing you can change on xbox.com is billing info and contact info. Not your WLID. Been like this for years.

So now we have two support reps, from two different companies, that can't find their way out of a paper bag. Awesome.

Sounds like you're just the eternal pessimist and one that doesn't even like trying to use logic.

While I can agree that there are times the employee is a complete dumbass, this is not one of those cases.

---
#36GobizkuPosted 8/29/2011 11:03:55 PM
CarcerCityHood posted...
^Except you can, I've done it before. Unless they changed it with the website overhaul.

Anyway, I told him what he needs to do. I'm done.

Please do stop, you've already done enough damage. Better yet, just delete your account so people can actually get useful advice from people who don't make things up on the spot just for the sake of trolling.
---
"Chaos Is Not Entropy...Chaos Is Continual Creation." -Praxis
Preparation For A Coming Darkness
#37RenamonPosted 8/29/2011 11:11:52 PM
Here's a tip for you, CarcerCityHood. Read the below post.

Ryan2002 posted...
You need to be more questionative on why it wont' let you change it on the site. And if they say they can't do it from there and it's handled by a different team, then ask the person on the phone to get you in contact with somebody that can help.

Anyways, call them back and ask what that error you are receiving means, and you want them to change it. If they say it's another group, then ask to speak with that group, and go from there.

Notice how the information (while still wrong) is presented in a mature manner? He doesn't jump down people's throats and call them useless like you do?

Anyway, topic creator, go to the link goz posted earlier in the topic before CarcerCityHood derailed it with his trolling and go to their support section.
---
#38boolzeroPosted 8/29/2011 11:17:18 PM
mtjormitch posted...
Basically, I have been wanting to change my gamertags ID to something else because the email provider of my current ID is out of business. (still has working email however.) well, I go to change it and at the VERY last step, it won't let me change it... it still hasn't for over a month.

well, I try to fix it by calling microsoft to get them to manuelly do it. too bad however that they won't, only the tech team could do that. (basically making me pay a good deal of money to do something I actually doubt would work since this live ID crap is bullcrap.)

Whoever made windows live ID should have their limbs chopped of and the stumps should be dipped in acid, THEN hot lava, I have spent alot of time on my gamertag and ALOT of money. basically, once my email provider goes down and the freaking xbox I have craps out for whatever reason, goodbye gamertag. hello lawsuit to microsoft. I am sorry, but this system is crap, it is worse then DRM IMHO. Just more hidden.

so I am forced to find a job to get some money on the side so I can prepare for when the day comes, but I am pissed of seriously. whoever made the system of windows live ID does deserve a very horrible torture session with me and the most hardass torture dude alive today.

Only use hotmail guys, NEVER EVER USE ANYTHING ELSE!

You have to change it online at windows http://www.passport.net/. Then you'll have to edit your GT on your Xbox to reflect the new Email. Seems you are just going about it the wrong way... Sounds to me like you did not create a new Windows Live ID under the new e-mail to associate or switch the gamertag over to.

http://support.xbox.com/en-us/pages/xbox-live/how-to/xbox-live-account-management/manage-live-id.aspx
---
GT: Bool Zero / PSN: BoolZero / Wii:Who uses Wii codes, really?