This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

list your the most underrated games

#21pakathecatPosted 8/30/2011 9:48:33 AM
die4 posted...
pakathecat posted...
Haven't played Mafia 2, but similar to GTA in some ways; more similar to Just Cause 2, though, in that a major purpose in the open world is destroying stuff. The use of color in the game is really neat, too. Fairly easy game that allows you to play in different ways, though a complete guns-blazing approach seems to get you killed more often.

you should def pick up mafia 2 , i just beat it ,one of my favorites now. It hard to explain but it is one of the those games that is very atmospheric, you almost feel like your there.

Cool, thanks for the recommendation! :-)
#22jorgestevensonPosted 8/30/2011 10:00:36 AM
Halo Wars - I've sunk hundreds of hours in this game. Between a campaign with varying difficulties, collectibles, different strategies for each campaign mission, multiplayer against bots, different leaders, different factions, multiplayer over Xbox live...this game has a lot to offer. The controls were slick IMO, and offer the player a lot of opportunity to micro and switch between unit types. Great game. Unfairly panned by many reviewers for being "another" Halo game, not being a FPS, etc. If well-known series' are going to branch out, this is the type of game we want.
#23oasisbeyondPosted 8/30/2011 10:08:42 AM(edited)
Enslaved.

Army Of Two 40th Day "Better then Gears single player, awesome sound,graphics, and gameplay.

The Saboteur Great game, got bashed for stupid easons. And such nice style. Pandemics last game :(

Blood Stone "Single Player"

The Bourne Supremacy, pretty much like Blood stone but better, more fun, you'll replay it twice and 1000/1000.

Mafia II, everyone seems to bash this game for having nothing else to do... Guess what So did Mafia 1. It was always about the story, character's and atmosphere, not about doing silly side missions just so you can say the game lasted 40 hours.

NFS Shift. This game got bashed by Forza and GT fans, yet it's not trying to be a sim racer, it's still a fun arcade / sim elements in a circuit racing, unlike their other games where they take place in open worlds most of the time.

Viva Pinata 1 or 2, amazing addictive game, you'll want to catch them all, good luck though cuz it takes roughly 50 hours, and you'll need the encyclopidia online. :)

Gona get Prototype and Singularity for 19.99 finally. Also I got Castlevania, this game is pretty sweet. It's 19.99 this week here in Canada at Futureshop by the way.

It just seems today is all about online, I was right when I said online would kill the single player, and I said this years ago. But what it really killed is the true gamers out there, not the casuals who buy 1 game a year and play online over and over.

They get such low scores if it has a crappy online mode or none at all. That's why their should be 2 reviews for most games.
#24GawdDawgsPosted 8/30/2011 10:20:21 AM(edited)
-Rise of the Argonauts: a little known RPG loosely based on Greek mythology, starring Jason. It's set up VERY similarly to a Bioware RPG, complete with dialog wheel akin to what they did in Dragon Age 2. The combat is a lot like Jade Empire.

-Conan: this is a God of War clone, but an extremely underrated one that I think I actually enjoyed more than GoW. It's not as polished or as epic, but chopping off limbs and sending decapitated bodies flying at the camera is a ton of fun. People complain about the final boss being too cheap, but I actually thought it was a fair challenge.

-X-Men Origins Wolverine: A movie-based game that's actually really good, and better than the movie, that's more or less another God of War clone. Awesome game

-Bionic Commando: I admit, the linear level design with its "radiation walls" that kill you way too quickly is this games biggest negative, but the swinging mechanics are so much fun, I love it. Music is also awesome.

-Tomb Raider Underworld: I'm not the biggest TR fan, but this one is greatly underrated. Had a lot of fun exploring

-Enslaved: People seem to either love or hate this game, and I'm part of the former. I thought it had great presentation, interesting story and characters (except Pigsy, who was sometimes funny, but mostly annoying) and the gameplay was similar to Prince of Persia and Beyond Good & Evil, two games that I love.

-The Saboteur: It's GTA meets Assassin's Creed in Nazi occupied Paris. What's not to love? I had a blast with this game.
---
It does not matter where we go. It is not the destination that matters...it is the journey.
#25SuperSuikodenPosted 8/30/2011 10:28:35 AM(edited)
Alan Wake
Infinite Undiscovery
The Last Remnant
Majin
---
No more "exclusive" & non-exclusive jrpgs on 360 = HELL YA MS.
#26AsbeauPosted 8/30/2011 10:45:26 AM
Alpha Protocol isn't as bad as some people say
---
Think Once Post Twice
#27ZashulePosted 8/30/2011 11:01:34 AM
NIER

Nuff said.
---
Currently working on: Dragon Age Origins, Alan Wake, DeathSpank, FUEL, Tinker, Dark Messiah MM.
Current XBOX GS: 63,015 Next Goal: 70,000
#28HulkxxSMASHPosted 8/30/2011 11:12:43 AM
I was hoping someone would say Enslaved because I've bought it on a whim - needed something else to make up my 2 for 20 with Dead Rising 2.

Decided to go for DR2 after DR1 FINALLY clicked with me (after nearly 2 years!) - but now I'm at the bomb part and scared to mess it up after failing miserably on my first go at it.

Still - I've 4 mini chainsaws, a katana and a criminology book so I think I can do it eventually!
---
Hulk is strongest one there is... Hulk is... only one there is... only one... there... is... Hulk feels... cold
#29EiEiPosted 8/30/2011 6:35:42 PM
Alpha Protocol
Resonance of Fate
---
A brilliant source of entertaining gaming & sports articles: http://tatfortit.wordpress.com/category/video-games
#30shawnmckPosted 8/30/2011 6:56:32 PM
Castlevania: LoS
Overlord 1
Jurassic the Hunted
Metro 2033
Titan Quest (PC)