This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Next Duke Nukem reveal 'soon', teases Pitchford

#1dreamtheater33Posted 8/30/2011 8:50:13 AM
Speaking at the Gearbox community panel, Pitchford said the studio is still determined to make "our own Duke game".

"I know that you guys figured out that, when Gearbox acquired the franchise, we didn't do it just to make sure we could all play Duke Forever, but because we wanted to make our own Duke game," he said. "Soon, we'll talk about that, but not today."

Of Duke Nukem Forever - which was mostly panned by critics - Pitchford said he's still "proud" of what Gearbox delivered.

"I hope some people kind of enjoyed it. When I dug through all the stuff that [original development studio] 3D Realms had done, I expected a trainwreck and I was actually quite pleased.

"I had a lot of fun with it," he added. "It was fun for me, and I'm really glad that we not only rescued the franchise but took the time to make sure the world could see what those guys had been doing for all of those years.

"And I'm also proud of the things we added to it. I think we did some things to make it a little better."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/317227/next-duke-nukem-reveal-soon-teases-pitchford/
#2Cellski916Posted 8/30/2011 8:55:27 AM
i wonder how they can make it actually awesome in its own way. DNF had a ps1/n64 type of multiplayer
---
Not removing this sentence until i win a Mod dispute.
http://www.gamingsurvival.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/capcom-mistakes.jpg
#3bluehat94Posted 8/30/2011 8:56:15 AM
now that they can make a DN game from the ground up i have no doubt in my mind that it will be awesome
---
"When these hands are crushing your throat, your dying breath won't be an appeal to god, it'll be, thank you Killbane"- Killbane
#4TheMuffinPosted 8/30/2011 8:59:24 AM
That's good news. I'm happy Gearbox got Forever out so they can focus on doing one from the ground up correctly.
---
Gabrius ~Hedro, tank you for cawling xbox suppaaart, my neem is THOMAS, hawl cun I heeelp you?
#5oasisbeyondPosted 8/30/2011 9:20:49 AM
I bet they can make it a great game, best one since the 90's.
#6DarkKnghtAnonPosted 8/30/2011 9:23:32 AM
Pitchford said a lot of stuff in that panel that even he was unsure he should be saying. The one thing that really upsets me about these gaming sites is that a lot of the developers specifically asked that the info not be shared. Stating that it was stuff for only us to hear/see for actually attending the panel. I understand that they want people to visit their site with the latest news, but it really is a douche move.

That being said I think Gearbox is the perfect company for a new Duke game, just based off of borderlands, they know how to integrate comedy well into their games. They don't take themselves too seriously.
---
pics (murals included) http://www.flickr.com/photos/33208775@N04/?saved=1
http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/shadowmoses05.png
#7EnemyWithin88Posted 8/30/2011 11:33:21 AM
I'm really enjoying DNF at the moment alot more than I expected after reading everyones thoughts. I love the single player and the multiplayer. Which works out cause I was fiending for some old school FPS action.

I didn't expect 12-13 years of making a game to make it amazing, in fact I thought the opposite. Developmental hell is developmental hell. It wasn't "lets take forever to make a game so that way its insanely awesome!"

I wanted Duke to be Duke and thats what I got. Its just as bad as everyone whining about it not being PC and that its degrading. Well this is Dukes humor and its humor his fans enjoy. Sorry for enjoying a game that finally made me feel as though I was a PERSON wielding a gun and playing a role as opposed to this and that soilder.

I haven't finished DNF but I hope all goes well for the next. Which its gear box so I'm sure it will. I want them to keep the comedy way up and the old school feel (just not TOO old school) also maybe bringing back some old levels or the first couple of games I had on floppy.
---
Play Slow Die Ignorant
#8Zohar_MetatronPosted 8/30/2011 11:39:48 AM
Didn't Pitchford tease a Borderlands 2 announcement was coming "soon" like the day before we got a proper confirmation on Borderlands 2?

Anyway, my biggest concern here is that those dudes might be spreading themselves out a bit too much. Worry about Duke once Colonial Marines is finally done, wouldya?
---
THORG HUNGRY
THORG WANT EAT
#9EnemyWithin88Posted 8/30/2011 11:43:48 AM
I completly agree. Colonial Marines should be amazing. can't say it will cause who knows what will happen but I'm dying for it. Have been dying for a proper aliens game since I played a crazy star wars/aliens/zombie mod in Counter-strike
---
Play Slow Die Ignorant
#10CapnStankyPosted 8/30/2011 11:54:05 AM
The problem isn't just that the game sucked, it's that they charged full price for a game they now admit was just ok despite thinking originally that it would totally suck. Turned out only to suck a little, so they're proud. Shut up and work on Borderlands.