This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Halo Reach update concern

#1Mooby0308Posted 8/30/2011 4:17:17 PM
I'm sure this has been answered but I am wondering if this new update will replace the Reach mechanics or will this update only apply to certain playlist.

I know I may be a minority here but I actually like what Reach did with reticule bloom and as much as a love Halo CE I don't want this update forced upon me. If it's only on certain playlist I would be much happier. Thanks guys
---
GT: Mooby923
#2NightMarishPiePosted 8/30/2011 4:24:26 PM
Certain playlists only.
---
"Who dares, wins"
XBL: The Armada
#3squarex8264Posted 8/30/2011 4:25:33 PM(edited)
I'm not sure what reticule bloom refers to...could you explain that?

Also, it sounded like this update would be gameplay tweaks that would affect the gametypes overall, not just one playlist.

...Actually, guy above me says certain playlists only, so maybe he heard better info :)
---
Gamertag: Squ4rex
***Xbox XDK/Natal Platform*** (PIX / Xbox Studio Tester)
#4NightMarishPiePosted 8/30/2011 4:27:25 PM

I'm not sure what reticule bloom refers to...could you explain that?

Also, it sounded like this update would be gameplay tweaks that would affect the gametypes overall, not just one playlist.

...Actually, guy above me says certain playlists only, so maybe he heard better info :)

:D but yeah, it's only certain playlists. If you don't believe me, you can watch the multiplayer vidoc on youtube and they talk about it.
---
"Who dares, wins"
XBL: The Armada
#5faris_ruhiPosted 8/30/2011 5:01:52 PM(edited)
There is going to be an anniversary playlist/gametypes. Those are the ones that will be different. Most (if not all) of the current playlist and gametypes will still be there once the Anniversary playlist/gametypes launch. And you will be able to choose which one you want to play, it's not going to be randomly implemented into the current existing gametypes/playlists.

Bloom is when the reticle grows and shrinks when you fire a shot I believe, which effects the accuracy of the weapon even if you keep it on the same spot.

So say for instance, you want to shoot at a particular place on a wall. You shoot once, and before the reticle shrinks back to the same size, you shoot again and you're aiming at the exact same spot, the shot may not necessarily hit the same place as your first shot.
---
Time...line...? Time is not made out of lines. It is made of circles. That is why clocks are round. - Caboose
PSN: SYRAPH , GT: TheRealSyraph
#6Private_NoobPosted 8/30/2011 7:35:40 PM
The Title Update will create new playlists with the modifications. They will also be available in Custom Games as options you can turn on and off.

Just in case you don't like the Title Update, there will still be playlsts that will remain untouched.
---
Currently caught between a shotgun, a rocket, and a hard place.