This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think Dead Island will be a disappointment?

#1ShadowElite86Posted 9/1/2011 5:59:46 AM
I have high hopes for this game, mainly because nothing ive played lately has done it for me (even Human Revolution).

The videos of playthroughs that have been recently posted on YouTube look awesome, so i have a glimmer of hope. Whats everyone else think?
#2boolzeroPosted 9/1/2011 6:08:21 AM
I think I will enjoy it because I don't let hype or anticipation of a game effect my enjoyment of it, I literally go in to every game with no expectations even after watching the videos and such and just play the game for the game on it's own merits, not what I could have potentially built it up in my head to be. It works for me as I am rarely disappointed with a game, and the times that I am it is due largely to the game and not my own trappings or preconceptions (FF13 comes to mind, hated it, not because it was linear, no towns or any of the typical complaints, to me the story and characters were just horrible beyond reproach and ruined the game for me overall; great production values though)...
---
GT: Bool Zero / PSN: BoolZero / Wii:Who uses Wii codes, really?
#3ShadowElite86(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2011 6:20:59 AM
Well for me im just worried because i found Techlands 3 past games to be very average and that makes me think a little that dead island will suffer the same fate.
#4Stubee88Posted 9/1/2011 6:24:01 AM
It had a good trailer and that was it. The devs just crapped out COJ: The Cartel and the gameplay vids for Dead island look terrible. This game would have ZERO hype if it wasn't for that trailer.
---
If you don't like Giantbomb then I don't like you, isn't that right Zach?
#5TheGreatOne023Posted 9/1/2011 6:38:32 AM
I entirely expect this game to disappoint. I feel a game like this is meant to be in third person, not rely upon first person for melee. The best screenshots they released for the game have all been third person, which should have been a clue. First person melee combat tends to work in small spurts, not for a full game.

If this game gets a positive reaction from reviews, I'll be shocked.
---
XBL Gamertag: TheGreatOne023
TGO - Seemingly able to kill a topic with a single post.
#6rockyoumonkeysPosted 9/1/2011 6:38:51 AM
I was so sure it'd be a disappointment, but I watched a couple short gameplay videos, and it looks pretty good. It convinced me to pre-order.
---
X360: RockYouMonkeys
Now Reading: The Shadow Rising, R. Jordan
#7CapnStankyPosted 9/1/2011 6:43:37 AM
Looks like it will make for a great 19.99 summer game next year.
#8schendelscandalPosted 9/1/2011 6:43:50 AM
Quote:
If this game gets a positive reaction from reviews, I'll be shocked.

@TheGreatOne023

I hope you're not serious
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.8
#9Mentalpatient87Posted 9/1/2011 6:56:39 AM
Everything is a disappointment to somebody... Especially those who want to be disappointed.
---
"You eat babies, everybody knows that." - John Marston
#10UkDPosted 9/1/2011 7:04:12 AM
I hope it's not. And I have it on pre-order. But, it's really hard to be objective at this stage. I wouldn't trust anyone's word until at least 3 weeks after launch.

Look at Brink, leading up to the release it had a lot of hype. Even after launch, when it was obviously a pretty weak title, dozens upon dozens continued to defend it saying it just needed tweeks and those who had lag were 'lying'. Now, I doubt they still play it.
---
-UkD
www.humanism.org.uk / http://clear-uk.org/