This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think Dead Island will be a disappointment?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Do you think Dead Island will be a disappointment?

User Info: Trugamer

Trugamer
5 years ago#31
To be honest I now am of the mindset that every game will be a disappointment and that why I use Gamefly to play everything before I decide to buy or not.
The list of lousy let downs is wayy to long probably 5x longer than the list of actually good games.

User Info: HELZERO

HELZERO
5 years ago#32
On paper is my dream come true. After doing some research and watching the videos though there are a few things that personally I don't like about the game. The combat does not seem very interesting and the death penalty is too small which leaves out a lot of the challenge for me. I will give it a shot though, I've had a few games surprise me before so this could turn out to be a hidden gem.

User Info: Heisenbird

Heisenbird
5 years ago#33
Yes. An FPS game always does that.
A brilliant source of entertaining gaming & sports articles: http://tatfortit.wordpress.com/category/video-games

User Info: shawnmck

shawnmck
5 years ago#34
IGN's Review is up, and they gave it an 8.0.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/119/1192320p1.html

Basically they say the game is a little rough around the edges, but is still loads of fun.

8/10 =/= disappointment.

User Info: BloodyDove2vs

BloodyDove2vs
5 years ago#35
CapnStanky posted...
Looks like it will make for a great 19.99 summer game next year.

I second the thought

User Info: Lethalbutters

Lethalbutters
5 years ago#36
I think that it would be cool at first, then after I beat it and crap it will get boring because of the "bosses" like what left 4 dead did for me. (really want l4d to have a no boss mode). Itll feel too unrealistic in a sense that if a zombie infection could exsist, their wouldn't be a 10 foot zombie in a strait(?) jacket on a resort island or anywhere (same for L4d) or any other "bosses" on dead island. But ill probably get my moneys worth.
Best Bands: The Black Dahlia Murder, Whitechapel, Suicide Silence, Oceano.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Do you think Dead Island will be a disappointment?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived