This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think Dead Island will be a disappointment?

#31TrugamerPosted 9/4/2011 8:59:38 AM
To be honest I now am of the mindset that every game will be a disappointment and that why I use Gamefly to play everything before I decide to buy or not.
The list of lousy let downs is wayy to long probably 5x longer than the list of actually good games.
#32HELZEROPosted 9/4/2011 11:38:57 AM
On paper is my dream come true. After doing some research and watching the videos though there are a few things that personally I don't like about the game. The combat does not seem very interesting and the death penalty is too small which leaves out a lot of the challenge for me. I will give it a shot though, I've had a few games surprise me before so this could turn out to be a hidden gem.
#33EiEiPosted 9/4/2011 12:26:06 PM
Yes. An FPS game always does that.
---
A brilliant source of entertaining gaming & sports articles: http://tatfortit.wordpress.com/category/video-games
#34shawnmckPosted 9/4/2011 2:28:57 PM
IGN's Review is up, and they gave it an 8.0.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/119/1192320p1.html

Basically they say the game is a little rough around the edges, but is still loads of fun.

8/10 =/= disappointment.
#35BloodyDove2vsPosted 9/4/2011 2:56:00 PM
CapnStanky posted...
Looks like it will make for a great 19.99 summer game next year.

I second the thought
#36LethalbuttersPosted 9/4/2011 3:46:57 PM
I think that it would be cool at first, then after I beat it and crap it will get boring because of the "bosses" like what left 4 dead did for me. (really want l4d to have a no boss mode). Itll feel too unrealistic in a sense that if a zombie infection could exsist, their wouldn't be a 10 foot zombie in a strait(?) jacket on a resort island or anywhere (same for L4d) or any other "bosses" on dead island. But ill probably get my moneys worth.
---
Best Bands: The Black Dahlia Murder, Whitechapel, Suicide Silence, Oceano.