This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking for a good B-List RPG

#31HermanTuttlePosted 9/2/2011 1:15:22 PM
Nier. You won't regret it.
#32CyricsServantPosted 9/2/2011 1:35:47 PM(edited)
themerlin posted...
Sure but TW2 and Divinity2 just have no souls compared to Bioware games, i can`t believe someone would prefer those to DA2.

No souls? Look, I'm a big fan of Bioware. I'd even go so far as to say they're my favorite developer... but TW2 and D2:DKS had plenty of soul. Have you actually played through them?

TC, I've played through both those games and I think they're both excellent buys... but if I had to choose between the two, Divinity 2: DKS is the better game. The single player campaign is significantly longer, it has its own self-contained story (while TW2 is a direct sequel), the side-quests are more inventive with many having alternative ways of completing them, the writing is wittier, there are better twists (both with the plot and the gameplay), and the mind-reading gimmick is pretty novel. Also, the game is a lot less buggy than TW2, which in addition to having some annoying glitches has the absolute worst case of screen tearing I've seen in a video game.

TW2 does have a few advantages though. It has a really intricate magic crafting system, the graphics are arguably better... and melee combat tends to feel more solid than in D2:DKS. For example, when you swing with your mace and connect with something, you're rewarded with the sick, satisfying sound of bones crunching. That's about it.

Again, I'm not trying to beat up on TW2. I beat it yesterday and it's a great game. You can't go wrong with either choice, I just think D2:DKS is the better game.

Winternova posted...
The solution to this whole debate is to get Star Ocean:The Last Hope, the best JRPG on the 360 and an excellent "B-List" RPG. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWFrjtwI-L8

... and that's all I have to say about that.

If you go the JPRG route, Tales of Vesperia, Lost Odyssey, and NIER are probably better choices.