This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

can you run 2 xboxes using the same Gamertag/profile?

#1mettlegearPosted 9/2/2011 10:09:41 AM
was thinking of setting up a second xbox at my house, but can you use the same Gamertag and profile on 2 different xboxes? i remember hearing something about transferring licenses or something like that?
#2Stray_ZeroPosted 9/2/2011 10:12:12 AM
Yes on the licenses, but you cannot have 2 of your same profile in 2 different systems at the same time, cause if your in 1 of them, you will be signed off from another, but you can move your profile using your USB drive.
---
"Jitterbug, He who Opens the Door" - DeathSmiles - Live/PSN/YouTube: NeoStrayCat (=^_^=)
#3RenamonPosted 9/2/2011 10:22:19 AM(edited)
You can't copy your profile to multiple places, offline profile or XBL account. When viewing the files in the memory screen, there is no copy option, only move.

For XBL accounts, the only way to get multiple copies of your profile is to recover it from XBL, but in doing so it makes the previous copy unable to sign in to XBL, which means if you get achievements, in-game unlocks, etc, on that first copy of your profile, they will not carry over to the other copy.

---
Movies that I believe will come true: Wall-E, Idiocracy
Halo 1 > all other Halo games
#4mettlegear(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2011 10:35:47 AM
Yes on the licenses, but you cannot have 2 of your same profile in 2 different systems at the same time, cause if your in 1 of them, you will be signed off from another, but you can move your profile using your USB drive.

I don't plan on playing them at the same time, if that matters. only would be on at a time.
#5ShadowRisaePosted 9/2/2011 11:01:09 AM
mettlegear posted...

I don't plan on playing them at the same time, if that matters. only would be on at a time.

Yes. You can. There's 3 Xboxes in my house (2 US 360s in 2 different rooms, 1 Japanese 360). I use them all with my gamertag, no issues. I have my gamertag saved on a USB thumb drive and just plug it into whichever console I'm using. You will just have to have all 360s connected to the internet if you want access to all of your DLC.
---
Currently playing: The Idolm@ster 2 (JP 360), Rock Band 3 (US 360), Chrono Trigger (DS)
#6mettlegear(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2011 1:24:48 PM
how do you save your Gamertag onto a flash drive? that sounds like a good option, but i don't know how i'd do that.
#7SacredPosted 9/2/2011 2:26:14 PM
You have to have at least a one gig flash drive, plug it into your Xbox and go to the memory section of the settings, choose your flash drive and it'll guide you through setting it up for Xbox use.
#8ShadowRisaePosted 9/2/2011 2:27:55 PM
Sacred posted...
You have to have at least a one gig flash drive, plug it into your Xbox and go to the memory section of the settings, choose your flash drive and it'll guide you through setting it up for Xbox use.

Yep. I recommend saving your gamertag and all saved games to it. Just have DLC, installed games, and XBLA games on your console's hard drive. That way you can play your games no matter which 360 you are on.
---
Currently playing: The Idolm@ster 2 (JP 360), Rock Band 3 (US 360), Chrono Trigger (DS)