This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xbox Live account just hacked.

#11IvanKozlovPosted 9/3/2011 7:51:58 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#12WinternovaPosted 9/3/2011 8:13:42 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#13IvanKozlovPosted 9/3/2011 8:13:05 AM(edited)
Winternova posted...

If you only use letters, you only have 26 possible characters.
If you use letters AND/OR numbers in any spot, you have 36 possible characters.

In your 8 character password example, the actual number of combinations is 2,821,109,907,456 not 463,537.

I think you need a refresher in probability.

Wow... I may have just woken up, but I cannot believe that I did not realize that when I was typing. I feel like an idiot now.... *Self owned*
---
If there's two things I hate in this world, it's cockroaches and crying babies! Well, a crying baby cockroach would be truly terrible... So don't you dare cry!
#14WinternovaPosted 9/3/2011 8:14:33 AM

Winternova posted...

In your 8 character password example, the actual number of combinations is 2,821,109,907,456 not 463,537.

Wow... I may have just woken up, but I cannot believe that I did not realize that when I was typing. I feel like an idiot now.... *Self owned*

We all make mistakes. I hope I didn't come across as too much of a jerk - it wasn't my intention. :)
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(AFC Champs), Red Wings(Central Champs)
#15Carte360Posted 9/3/2011 8:18:12 AM
Hm well then that was weird,, I couldn't quote any posts and I guess now I know why o_O
---
Pokemon FC: 0904-5158-2126
Yeah I am a Christian, but not the kind you think you know.
#16CapwnDPosted 9/3/2011 8:19:53 AM

We all make mistakes. I hope I didn't come across as too much of a jerk - it wasn't my intention. :)

So it was you intention to come off as somewhat of a jerk, but not too much? To what jerk degree did you intend to come off as?

What is the proper amount of jerk for gamefaqs?
---
As Above, So Below
#17IvanKozlovPosted 9/3/2011 8:24:09 AM
Winternova posted...
Winternova posted...

No, you didn't come across as a jerk at all. I'm glad that you corrected me so that I didn't provide false information. Plus, I have respect for you as a poster on this website, so that helped too lol.
---
If there's two things I hate in this world, it's cockroaches and crying babies! Well, a crying baby cockroach would be truly terrible... So don't you dare cry!
#18WinternovaPosted 9/3/2011 8:57:02 AM

So it was you intention to come off as somewhat of a jerk, but not too much? To what jerk degree did you intend to come off as?

What is the proper amount of jerk for gamefaqs?

In correcting someone on a written medium where verbal and non-verbal clues are non-existent, it's pretty much assured that you're going to come across as a jerk to someone. :)
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(AFC Champs), Red Wings(Central Champs)
#19Moss_27Posted 9/3/2011 9:08:11 AM
Rumour has it that Winternova is a lawyer. Take your jaws off the ground, folks. It might not be true. Awaiting confirmation.
---
The Ultimate Staredown
http://tinyurl.com/3ul4zmj