This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Slavery, The Game

#91MrMikeMaPosted 9/9/2011 7:06:30 AM
A really stupid way to raise awareness, as it just spawns crap discussions (evident in this topic).

Exactly what I was going to say. This is the Catch-22 of having the internet. This was meant for a limited audience, and once it reached outside the target audience it spurned useless debate far beyond the original subject that was meant to be discussed.
---
my Bayonetta tattoo
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28411423@N08/
#92CyborgTwentyPosted 9/9/2011 11:54:54 AM
other games have slaves too.
---
I love how many gamers consider themselves financial analysts.
#93PudgeisafishPosted 9/11/2011 2:28:15 AM
benconklin2 posted...
LOL at people who still ***** about slavery.

Chances are you would have been born in a hut somewhere in the congo if not for slavery. Sure it sucked for slaves.... But today, you're damn lucky that they took the punishment.

Hey man, easy with what you say of "What could have" or "What might have" happened. A lot of people are just fine living Non-Americana.

American living is not the end all, be all, way of life my friend.

It's a fine way to live, but not for everyone. A hut may seem like paradise to another. It is not for you to judge. Just be glad in your living arrangements, and appreciate that you are not enslaved.
#94PudgeisafishPosted 9/11/2011 2:42:47 AM
benconklin2 posted...

*sigh*

Like i said originally, slavery sucked for those enslaved. But WITHOUT slavery to bring Africans to America (or anywhere else for that matter) Chances are those people descendant of slaves, would be living in huts somewhere in Africa. Do you think for one second that there would be the equality that there is now? There would be MUCH worse racism floating around.

To deny that slavery actually paid off for African Americans in the wrong run is naive.

I just don't understand your way of thinking. First you say you aren't targeting a specific race but you continually use "Living in huts" as a place a slave would come from. Who are you talking about!?! Because a person lives in a hut they are automatically a slave?

Maybe you are very passionate about this subject and the words aren't forming clearly...

The last sentence quoted is completely confusing. Huh? Slavery paid off? Wrong run? I don't get it.
#95PudgeisafishPosted 9/11/2011 2:59:51 AM
Anyone can take a horrible act and turn it around with a silver lining if it hadn't happened to them personally.

I really think opinions and communicating feelings are important and totally our rite, but as individuals we should have respect and decency as not to offend others. Our words are incredibly powerful and if used carelessly can inflict major harm in others.

If you don't think a person has a rite to tell you how you should feel when being treated unfairly, then you shouldn't either.

We should leave these comments for the people that have actually suffered the crime; To speak out about how their lives were influenced by these wrong doings. This way we don't come out sounding ignorant.
#96SnowFox7Posted 9/11/2011 3:24:01 AM
lmao... Wow that is quite the trolling right thar. xD

Definitely in bad taste, but I'll admit... I laughed... It's like another poster said, the sheer audacity of such a thing is just mind boggling lol. Oh won't MS be thrilled when they start getting horribly angry letters for letting such a game onto their console, and you know they will get a ton of letters over that... It's a pretty well made ruse, and I've seen people fall for far more obvious fakes than that.

Touche to teh uber trolls who made that trailer lol.
#97Agent_GreerPosted 9/11/2011 5:10:23 AM
Vivi0198 posted...
Let's thank god for that.
No need to bring up your religion on a video game message board. It offends me. Thanks in advance.
---
I am SoundCell and you've been GameFaqs'd
#98SquallWindbladePosted 9/11/2011 8:27:30 AM
Agent_Greer posted...
Vivi0198 posted...
Let's thank god for that.
No need to bring up your religion on a video game message board. It offends me. Thanks in advance.

OR!!!

We could just not be complete wusses and deal with it. Other people believe stuff you don't. Guess what? That's going to happen for the rest of your life. Time to grow up.
---
Current field of study: Game Software Development
SOLVING ALL PROBLEMS WITH THE MAXIMUM POSSIBLE AMOUNT OF BLOODSHED IS JUST THE FURBY WAY.