This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

saves remembered on another console

#1DarkTyrantXPosted 9/4/2011 3:21:17 PM
I just got a new console and noticed it remembered my saves. How?
#2MegagutsPosted 9/4/2011 3:27:24 PM
Did you use the same hard drive?
---
GT: ConfederateRokr
You should go vegan, more meat for me.
#3SquallWindbladePosted 9/4/2011 3:28:06 PM
You remember how you disconnected the grey thing from your old Xbox and put it on the new one? That was a "Hard Disk Drive" (HDD to those in the know) and it has been magically inscribing the progress you've made in your games. By connecting the "HDD" from your old Xbox, they were able to communicate on a subatomic level, giving things like access codes and runic transcriptions from one console to the other.

Thus, your new console has been imbued with the spirit of your old one, and it can now remember everything from when you spent time with your old console.
---
Current field of study: Game Software Development
SOLVING ALL PROBLEMS WITH THE MAXIMUM POSSIBLE AMOUNT OF BLOODSHED IS JUST THE FURBY WAY.
#4DarkTyrantX(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2011 3:32:20 PM
lol dude i didn't use the same hdd.i went from the old xbox to the new xbox.
#5OmegaBladesPosted 9/4/2011 3:37:39 PM(edited)
Some content is registered to the gamertag than just the console. When i got my xbox stolen years ago and then got a new one, all my progress in gears 1 was there, my campaign, collectables, etc. I wouldn't doubt some games had the same feature.
---
PSN & XBL Tag: OmegaBlades
3DS Friend Code: 1032-1408-2462
#6Delta ZeroPosted 9/4/2011 3:37:37 PM
OmegaBlades posted...
Some content is registered to the gamertag that just the console. When i got my xbox stolen years ago and then got a new one, all my progress in gears 1 was there, my champaign, collectables, etc. I wouldn't doubt some games had the same feature.

Whoa, your new xbox came with champagne? Awesome.
---
-__-
#7OmegaBladesPosted 9/4/2011 3:38:38 PM
Delta Zero posted...
OmegaBlades posted...
Some content is registered to the gamertag that just the console. When i got my xbox stolen years ago and then got a new one, all my progress in gears 1 was there, my champaign, collectables, etc. I wouldn't doubt some games had the same feature.

Whoa, your new xbox came with champagne? Awesome.

Yes it did, and auto correct on a smartphone is my worst enemy.
---
PSN & XBL Tag: OmegaBlades
3DS Friend Code: 1032-1408-2462
#8DarkTyrantX(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2011 3:38:43 PM
OmegaBlades posted...
Some content is registered to the gamertag than just the console. When i got my xbox stolen years ago and then got a new one, all my progress in gears 1 was there, my campaign, collectables, etc. I wouldn't doubt some games had the same feature.

that must be it since it was gears of war for one of the games. pretty cool.
#9Delta ZeroPosted 9/4/2011 3:39:14 PM
OmegaBlades posted...

Yes it did, and auto correct on a smartphone is my worst enemy.

Amen to that.
---
-__-
#10SquallWindbladePosted 9/4/2011 3:45:21 PM
The 360 doesn't have cloud saving, so recovering a gamertag on its own will not restore save data. It will restore licenses associated to content and achievement progress, but any content that takes up its own space on your hard disk drive (even such things as themes and gamerpics) will not be transferred with your gamertag when you recover it.

Is our TC using a memory card/flash drive?
---
Current field of study: Game Software Development
SOLVING ALL PROBLEMS WITH THE MAXIMUM POSSIBLE AMOUNT OF BLOODSHED IS JUST THE FURBY WAY.