This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

deus ex and dead island sure are great games

#1NinjaGamer_23Posted 9/8/2011 5:54:17 PM
They both provide something good in the games and do not need multiplayer to enjoy.

Deus ex was the fresh breath of air we needed in the game industry in a while and dead island shows people what a real horror game can be.

Haven't played a good horror game since Condemned.
---
[Official Nintendo 3ds Ambassador]
#2natevinesPosted 9/8/2011 5:59:09 PM
Except Dead Island isn't scary
---
Gamertag- MidgetRifleman
#3boolzeroPosted 9/8/2011 6:07:56 PM
NinjaGamer_23 posted...
They both provide something good in the games and do not need multiplayer to enjoy.

Deus ex was the fresh breath of air we needed in the game industry in a while and dead island shows people what a real horror game can be.

Haven't played a good horror game since Condemned.

I agree that both are fun great games, but I can't agree with your comments on either. Deus Ex I found to be the most old school with new school aesthetics of games in a long time. If anything it revisited long lost old school PC game design and brought it to consoles! It took me back to the original Deus Ex, Thief and even System Shock in it's design and feel. And Dead Island, while tense is not really scarey. I admit the hotel and waking up felt tense because you get this whole "when is stuff going to happen" but after about an hour the zombies lose their scare factor and then it just becomes more about inventory management, item durability management and knowing when to fight and when to flight.

Nevertheless, all great games!
---
GT: Bool Zero / PSN: BoolZero / Wii:Who uses Wii codes, really?
#4LythirisPosted 9/9/2011 3:56:53 AM
natevines posted...
Except Dead Island isn't scary

I don't think it was supposed to be
---
"I figured maybe a bullet in the back. Or a knife in the back. Maybe hit by a train."
"In the back?" "In the back, yeah."
#5Enix BelmontPosted 9/9/2011 4:37:24 AM
Deus Ex I wouldn't call a breath of fresh air, as said its great but a very old school game with new school graphics.

Dead Island, calling it horror is pretty ridiculous, I havent jumped once yet(or seen an attempt, even), and the whole game takes place on a usually bright and sunny tropical island.
---
http://i38.tinypic.com/15mk29j.jpg
#6PrealienkingPosted 9/9/2011 4:50:23 AM
Dead Island is what a zombie-based title should be.

It is a tense, sensationalist survival RPG. It isn't scary. It doesn't try to be scary. None of the aesthetic designs choose to make it a horror title.

But, being chased by eight infected with only a crowbar in my hand and my stamina running out, I was freaking out harder than I have at any other game this generation.

Kudos, Deep Silver. You made an original game worth having.
---
Currently Working on -
Warning: all posts after Midnight Central Time are a form of natural high that occurs due to lack of sleep.
#7Gunvalkyrie2Posted 9/9/2011 4:53:53 AM
A zombie game shouldn't be scary?
#8SupernautusPosted 9/9/2011 5:16:43 AM
I don't think a zombie game should necessarily be scary (in fact I can't think of a single zombie game ever released that scared me, and I bought the original RE on the day of release so there have been a decent amount of zombie games released in that time)

It should present an atmosphere of tension and uncertainty. A world where survival is the only important matter.
---
There WILL NOT be a new gen in 2012-if I'm wrong feel free to laugh.
#9temgunPosted 9/9/2011 5:17:52 AM
Dead Island is horror?
---
BROCCOLI COCONUT HOT DOG
#10seb03Posted 9/9/2011 5:34:42 AM
dead island is great. :)
---
"and when PS3 goes down you have to change your bank account and the locks on your door."