This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

deus ex and dead island sure are great games

#11BloodLoverForeverPosted 9/9/2011 6:03:28 AM
Deus ex Is great but I hate zombie games so I am not gonna comment on dead island, I fee the market is over saturated with generic FPS and zombies
---
BLF
#12boolzeroPosted 9/9/2011 6:06:01 AM
Prealienking posted...
Dead Island is what a zombie-based title should be.

It is a tense, sensationalist survival RPG. It isn't scary. It doesn't try to be scary. None of the aesthetic designs choose to make it a horror title.

But, being chased by eight infected with only a crowbar in my hand and my stamina running out, I was freaking out harder than I have at any other game this generation.

Kudos, Deep Silver. You made an original game worth having.

Now that I can agree with... Scarey no, but tense? Oh yes, the game can be pretty darn tense, especially when you turn a corner and have several runners and all you have is one good weapon that is on it's last leg!
---
GT: Bool Zero / PSN: BoolZero / Wii:Who uses Wii codes, really?
#13boolzeroPosted 9/9/2011 6:09:06 AM
BloodLoverForever posted...
Deus ex Is great but I hate zombie games so I am not gonna comment on dead island, I fee the market is over saturated with generic FPS and zombies

I will just say that you would be missing out on a great little game then. In my opinion it gets right what Dead Rising tried to, but actually adds tension and makes it so that the zombies are actually a threat. It really nails the survivalist aspect of a zombie apocalypse well!
---
GT: Bool Zero / PSN: BoolZero / Wii:Who uses Wii codes, really?
#14BloodLoverForeverPosted 9/9/2011 6:24:42 AM
boolzero posted...
BloodLoverForever posted...

I will just say that you would be missing out on a great little game then. In my opinion it gets right what Dead Rising tried to, but actually adds tension and makes it so that the zombies are actually a threat. It really nails the survivalist aspect of a zombie apocalypse well!

Dude, I respect your opinion but I can't play zombie game, I can't imagine killing endless zombies who act the same and run after you in groups throughout the whole game.

I might be wrong but there is no A.I in zombie games like DE game for instance or other advance games.

*** wearing flameshield***
---
BLF
#15natevinesPosted 9/9/2011 6:26:28 AM
A zombie game shouldn't be scary?

No. Was Dead Rising? Was Plants vs. Zombies? Was Undead Nightmare?

Zombies have turned into a comedy tool (I suppose even at Romero's height they weren't 'scary')
---
Gamertag- MidgetRifleman
#16Arucard05Posted 9/9/2011 6:30:38 AM
I've always thought zombies were scary. The slow ones, anyway.
---
You should buy Beyond Good and Evil HD. Seriously, please?
#17Dark_SpiretPosted 9/9/2011 6:41:04 AM
Dead Island definitely has its surprisingly creepy moments especially when youre playing alone.
---
My PC screen shots-http://s402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/Darkspiret/
Currently playing: Deus Ex: HR - Infamous 2
#18Game Player05Posted 9/9/2011 7:40:10 AM
The Police Station, play it at 2 AM.

Tell me that's not disturbing.
---
Meh, new sig time.
#19GangstaGoadsPosted 9/9/2011 8:00:28 AM
Dark Spiret posted...
Dead Island definitely has its surprisingly creepy moments especially when youre playing alone.

agree
---
yup I am cool
#20SupernautusPosted 9/9/2011 11:28:30 AM
Zombies have never been scary to me, and the original Night of the Living Dead is still one of my favourite films.
---
There WILL NOT be a new gen in 2012-if I'm wrong feel free to laugh.