This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

deus ex and dead island sure are great games

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. deus ex and dead island sure are great games

User Info: bloodlover4ever

bloodlover4ever
5 years ago#11
Deus ex Is great but I hate zombie games so I am not gonna comment on dead island, I fee the market is over saturated with generic FPS and zombies
BLF

User Info: boolzero

boolzero
5 years ago#12
Prealienking posted...
Dead Island is what a zombie-based title should be.

It is a tense, sensationalist survival RPG. It isn't scary. It doesn't try to be scary. None of the aesthetic designs choose to make it a horror title.

But, being chased by eight infected with only a crowbar in my hand and my stamina running out, I was freaking out harder than I have at any other game this generation.

Kudos, Deep Silver. You made an original game worth having.

Now that I can agree with... Scarey no, but tense? Oh yes, the game can be pretty darn tense, especially when you turn a corner and have several runners and all you have is one good weapon that is on it's last leg!
GT: Bool Zero / PSN: BoolZero / Wii:Who uses Wii codes, really?

User Info: boolzero

boolzero
5 years ago#13
BloodLoverForever posted...
Deus ex Is great but I hate zombie games so I am not gonna comment on dead island, I fee the market is over saturated with generic FPS and zombies

I will just say that you would be missing out on a great little game then. In my opinion it gets right what Dead Rising tried to, but actually adds tension and makes it so that the zombies are actually a threat. It really nails the survivalist aspect of a zombie apocalypse well!
GT: Bool Zero / PSN: BoolZero / Wii:Who uses Wii codes, really?

User Info: bloodlover4ever

bloodlover4ever
5 years ago#14
boolzero posted...
BloodLoverForever posted...

I will just say that you would be missing out on a great little game then. In my opinion it gets right what Dead Rising tried to, but actually adds tension and makes it so that the zombies are actually a threat. It really nails the survivalist aspect of a zombie apocalypse well!

Dude, I respect your opinion but I can't play zombie game, I can't imagine killing endless zombies who act the same and run after you in groups throughout the whole game.

I might be wrong but there is no A.I in zombie games like DE game for instance or other advance games.

*** wearing flameshield***
BLF

User Info: natevines

natevines
5 years ago#15
A zombie game shouldn't be scary?

No. Was Dead Rising? Was Plants vs. Zombies? Was Undead Nightmare?

Zombies have turned into a comedy tool (I suppose even at Romero's height they weren't 'scary')
Gamertag- MidgetRifleman

User Info: Arucard05

Arucard05
5 years ago#16
I've always thought zombies were scary. The slow ones, anyway.
You should buy Beyond Good and Evil HD. Seriously, please?

User Info: Dark_Spiret

Dark_Spiret
5 years ago#17
Dead Island definitely has its surprisingly creepy moments especially when youre playing alone.
My PC screen shots-http://s402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/Darkspiret/
Currently playing: Deus Ex: HR - Infamous 2

User Info: Game Player05

Game Player05
5 years ago#18
The Police Station, play it at 2 AM.

Tell me that's not disturbing.
Meh, new sig time.

User Info: GangstaGoads

GangstaGoads
5 years ago#19
Dark Spiret posted...
Dead Island definitely has its surprisingly creepy moments especially when youre playing alone.

agree
yup I am cool

User Info: Supernautus

Supernautus
5 years ago#20
Zombies have never been scary to me, and the original Night of the Living Dead is still one of my favourite films.
There WILL NOT be a new gen in 2012-if I'm wrong feel free to laugh.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. deus ex and dead island sure are great games

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived