This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My Xbox makes a weird buzzing noise now...

#1TheUsed91BCRPosted 9/8/2011 6:57:48 PM
It will randomly make a low, kind of quiet "buzzing" noise. I sent it into Microsoft to have it repaired after it got the open tray problem and wouldn't read anything. I feel like they purposely did something to make sure it breaks again and I'll have to pay next time I send it in.

Has anyone else had this issue?
---
"There is no I in team, but there is a me in team. If you jumble up the letters."
#2southminnyboyPosted 9/8/2011 6:59:48 PM
Mine did that for about a month and then it got the red rings. (Launch fat 360)
---
I wonder what the divorce rate is among polygamists.
#3TheUsed91BCR(Topic Creator)Posted 9/8/2011 7:08:12 PM
Mine is one of the new 250 gigs though
---
"There is no I in team, but there is a me in team. If you jumble up the letters."
#4TheUsed91BCR(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2011 2:33:38 PM
Anyone?
---
#5Killah PriestPosted 9/9/2011 2:38:12 PM
slim?

horizontal or vertical?

people have reported slims buzzing when playing games off of the disc, and it will also buzz more if positioned vertical.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#6dib1220Posted 9/9/2011 2:43:54 PM
i keep mine horizontal and yes I get the buzzing sound..not with all games..just some, but if i install them it solves the problem. 250 gig slim..little over a year old
#7Omega_BlackPosted 9/9/2011 2:57:09 PM
It's a design flaw, plain and simple.

Fortunately, it won't harm discs that cause it and the console doesn't seem any worse for wear after extended periods.

It's just annoying and the only way it can be solved is through a disc install.

As an aside, I remember a poster on these boards adamantly denying that this was actually an issue.

I wonder, if this topic is bumped enough and s/he notices it, will we see this individual reappear to make their silly claim once again?
---
Go where the games are...
Brawl FC: 2062 8812 4168
#8Killah PriestPosted 9/9/2011 3:02:54 PM
anything with a fan is likely going to buzz somewhat, its not an "issue" unless you're petty.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#9TreewallerPosted 9/9/2011 3:06:11 PM
The fan in my slim has definitely gotten louder over time, I dunno if it's just dusty or if the thing's slowly falling apart. Time will tell I guess.
---
"Hey Sockbaby! You wanna food up with us or what?!"
Game o' the Moment: Hannah Montana - The Movie Game
#10Omega_BlackPosted 9/9/2011 3:08:55 PM
Killah Priest posted...
anything with a fan is likely going to buzz somewhat, its not an "issue" unless you're petty.

Except the fan has never been the problem.

The casing/chassis, however, IS.

And I think plenty of people would call an annoying buzzing, vibrating sound that drowns out television volume an issue. I take it you don't?
---
Go where the games are...
Brawl FC: 2062 8812 4168