This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

720p vs 1360x768 (Native Resolution)

#11_SCOTSLADPosted 9/9/2011 11:55:43 AM

If his Samsung is anything like my old 720p Samung, he can't change a damn thing to really make the picture look better while in PC mode. It looks terrible. And 720p overscanned even in Just Scan, well, for obvious reasons. I ended up just using 1080p, with game mode on. Which I found a way to alter it's settings in the service menu, to look half decent. Samsung's are horrible TV's for gaming, flat out.

While I am not trying to argue with you but I have both my TV's looking fantastic over VGA. While you might have had a bad experience with Samsung I do love mine :D

My problem when running on HDMI the colours are too bright and over saturated reds sure you can tone it down a bit like I said a nice tweek and all is good.

Anyway we don't know what Samsung he is running to speculate if it's good or not.
---
Touch ane, touch a'
#12CapwnDPosted 9/9/2011 12:03:31 PM

You can get rid of the 'washed' look from running @ 1360 x 768 by simply calibrating the TV

If his Samsung is anything like my old 720p Samung, he can't change a damn thing to really make the picture look better while in PC mode. It looks terrible. And 720p overscanned even in Just Scan, well, for obvious reasons. I ended up just using 1080p, with game mode on. Which I found a way to alter it's settings in the service menu, to look half decent. Samsung's are horrible TV's for gaming, flat out.

You can still set a few things in the 360 settings though. I have a TV that is like that too, when using VGA. But it looks good if I set the color to expanded or something like that in the 360 video settings.
---
ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence
#13iceman505Posted 9/9/2011 12:04:32 PM
True, with out knowing the model number we can only speculate. I did eventually grow to at least like the TV, it's just that I had to go through so much crap to get it that way. Still amazed that even with an AVS forum guy helping me out, I didn't royally screw something up in the service menu.
---
RIP Red Faction 2001-2011.