This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone else think achievements are ruining games?

#21Devil_KnowingPosted 9/10/2011 5:22:28 AM
Yes increasing the replay value of video games is totally ruining them.
#22MikeStutterPosted 9/10/2011 5:44:20 AM
I don't like achievements/trophies because I can't get them all because I don't play online. So what's the point in them If I can't get all of them?
And people always bring the replayability issue. Don't you like your games? I play the same games after 10 years without getting/unlocking anything new.
#23Kerr AvonPosted 9/10/2011 6:00:28 AM
I don't think that achievement points are ruining games, but they are (to my mind) definitely a negative point, as they have largely replaced desirable unlock-ables such as cheat modes, new levels, etc.

>Nope.

>A lot of games I've played wouldn't have got a second playthrough if it wasn't for achievements.

That says far more about the lack of replayability of modern games than it does about acheivement points.
---
"PCs don't catch viruses or malware. Stupid users do." - The Cranky Hermit.
For all things N64: http://z9.invisionfree.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/
#24Atroz215(Topic Creator)Posted 9/10/2011 6:09:59 AM
I am aware that this world is able to co-exist with achievements and cool unlocks. The first dead rising for example was great because the achievements unlocked in game items. I decided to zombie grind, not for the 100g but for the mega-buster.

However examples like this do not seem to happen very often. While it's not a direct "Let's put in achievements instead of unlocks". Devs seem less inclined to add unlocks because they are able to slap a couple of cheesy, achievements.
---
fc:0175 2586 1913