This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone else think achievements are ruining games?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Anyone else think achievements are ruining games?
4 years ago#21
Yes increasing the replay value of video games is totally ruining them.
4 years ago#22
I don't like achievements/trophies because I can't get them all because I don't play online. So what's the point in them If I can't get all of them?
And people always bring the replayability issue. Don't you like your games? I play the same games after 10 years without getting/unlocking anything new.
4 years ago#23
I don't think that achievement points are ruining games, but they are (to my mind) definitely a negative point, as they have largely replaced desirable unlock-ables such as cheat modes, new levels, etc.

>A lot of games I've played wouldn't have got a second playthrough if it wasn't for achievements.

That says far more about the lack of replayability of modern games than it does about acheivement points.
"PCs don't catch viruses or malware. Stupid users do." - The Cranky Hermit.
For all things N64:
4 years ago#24
I am aware that this world is able to co-exist with achievements and cool unlocks. The first dead rising for example was great because the achievements unlocked in game items. I decided to zombie grind, not for the 100g but for the mega-buster.

However examples like this do not seem to happen very often. While it's not a direct "Let's put in achievements instead of unlocks". Devs seem less inclined to add unlocks because they are able to slap a couple of cheesy, achievements.
fc:0175 2586 1913
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Anyone else think achievements are ruining games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived