This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Randomly got achievements on Gears Of War 2? What the hell is going on!?

#1KOTRwhoopsPosted 9/10/2011 6:49:50 AM
I noticed on my profile that I had 1115 achievement points on Gears Of War 2, I thought it was odd as I knew I had only just passed the 1000 mark. I went onto my achievement list and found some very very odd things. On the game I'm level 22, but I had the following unlocked:

Reached Level 25 (30GS)
Reached Level 50 (50GS)
Reach Level 20 and stop the horde at Way Station (20GS)
Reach Level 15 and found some Horde Sanctary (15GS)

All these are achievements I haven't done, in fact the level 25 and 50 ones are impossible as I haven't even reached that level yet. All these say I got them on 07/09/11 (7 September, British format), I did play the game on this day as me and my mate were playing through horde to get the flashback achievements, but I certianly didn't get these ones.

But the strangest thing is that the 'reach level 10 achievement' has had its dated changed, I did it way back probably 18 months ago but the date reads 27/07/11 (yes I'm British, get over the date format). There are 2 others which I know I got ages ago and they also read the 27/07.

Has anyone had anything similar? What is going on? I'm a bit confused. Is it a known issue? Does it happen with other games? WTF?

Any helpful replies appreciated. Thanks.
---
PLAYING - Fallout NV (PS3), Final Fantasy XIII (PS3), Dead Space 2 (360)
MOST WANTED - Final Fantasy XIII-2 & Vrs XIII, Resident Evil 6, TESV: Skyrim.
#2Babycakes9999Posted 9/10/2011 7:00:01 AM
I've heard of Achievements being awarded when they're not supposed to be but I've never heard of a timestamp being changed. My only suggestion is that you entered a modded lobby but - unless either you or your friends are modders - this is unlikely in the extreme.
---
http://cdn1.knowyourmeme.com/i/000/069/024/small/300px-Gaben_Portal_Cake.jpg
So this is why Half Life 2: Episode 3 is taking so long...
#3KOTRwhoops(Topic Creator)Posted 9/10/2011 7:10:18 AM
Nope, was offline split screen, very strange...
---
PLAYING - Fallout NV (PS3), Final Fantasy XIII (PS3), Dead Space 2 (360)
MOST WANTED - Final Fantasy XIII-2 & Vrs XIII, Resident Evil 6, TESV: Skyrim.
#4ItzTrag3dyPosted 9/10/2011 7:28:06 AM
Was the other person logged into their account? I remember talk a while back that with Gears 2(might happen in other games as well) that if you are playing with another and they are logged into their account and you are in yours that it can give you some of their achievements. Not sure how it happens though.
#5ninja_poopPosted 9/10/2011 7:36:53 AM
I think those achievements are glitched somehow because something like this happened to my cousin. I had those achievements, and magically he acquired them all after starting split screen... a few weeks later all my stats got reset and I was like... wtf?
---
Not changing my signature until marijuana is legalized. Monday, January 18, 2010, 8:08 PM