This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone having doubts about Modern Warfare 3?

#11kungfuj0Posted 9/11/2011 1:57:59 AM
Yeah, I'm having doubts.

In fact, I doubt that I'm going to get it!

I even doubt that I was ever going to get it!
---
Kungfuj0
#12CapwnDPosted 9/11/2011 2:25:26 AM
Are all the whinners who whine about noob tubes and quick scopers just weak people who complain too much?

Not sure if serious.

I'm not usually one to complain about a certain weapon type, but there are some things in games which are just ridiculous. I started playing COD games because I liked ADS and the feel of a one to three shot kill. However, n00b tubes are just stupid. It feels like it takes away from the COD experience, the only weapon I feel ever really took away from the experience*

*pooping grenades when you are dead also is the goddam dumbest thing to ever be put into a game. Well, that, and grenade spamming aka COD4.

So no, Hucast9, I don't think they can every dumb down those things enough. Quick scoping is different, I don't have a problem with that. I've loved COD since before it was COD and quick scoping has always been there. n00b Tubes and grenade pooping only came about with the massive n00b influx called COD4. And since IW is off the case, perhaps this other developer can recognize the roots that IW abandoned.
---
As Above, So Below
#13Cobra9860Posted 9/11/2011 2:43:51 AM
Im completely burned out on CoD. Havent really enjoyed one since CoD4. Just too much crap in those games. Black Ops just ended up being incredibly boring.

Idk.

If MW3 ends up being good, Ill jump all over it. But I highly doubt it.
---
XBL: eL Sm3gmA, H2K CoBrA ::: PSN: Smegtico
"so continue to not care, while a bunch of fat pre teen kids teabag you"- shrub999
#14cyric79Posted 9/11/2011 4:01:55 AM
Im gonna wait to hear about how much stuff they toned-down from MW2.
Black Ops tried to correct all of MW2's "faults" and the game was just too boring for me to play.
Its important that MW3 retains all of the crazy fun that MW2 had. This includes re stocking explosives with scavenger, weapon customization, danger close power, riot shields, long range melee with Commando etc
---
Cant wait for Saints Row 3, Soul Calibur 5 and Gears of War 3 (assuming the online works this time).
#15DakhanavarXPosted 9/11/2011 6:49:51 AM
I don't have doubts because I know I won't be getting it, just as I didn't get Black Ops. If it hadn't been for Nazi Zombies, WaW never would've made it in my collection either. CoD fans can love the series all they want, but there's too many great games coming out yet this year for me to care about another glorified map pack with a tacked on single player. Maybe the lack of change wouldn't be so bad (or noticable) if they weren't about as frequent as a yearly sports game, but they are.

Now they've been kind enough to throw in a yearly subscription which I hope fails miserably because I don't really want more developers/publishers thinking this is a swell idea. I don't even see the point to the subscription (Yes, CoD fans, I know in the long run you'll "save" money, but that's not hard to do with a game that charges $15 for a few maps, 1 or 2 of which came from a previous entry in the series). Won't there be another CoD in a year anyways? The only plus side is any diehard PS3 fan won't be able to complain about the cost of XBL since they just paid it for 1 game.

So yeah, not even a blip on my radar.
---
Member of the 8-Bit Playas: http://www.youtube.com/user/8BitPlayas
See my game collection: http://darkadia.com/member/Dakhanavar/library
#16scoobydoobydontPosted 9/11/2011 6:50:41 AM
No.
---
Sometimes questions are more important than answers.
#17SS_MetalSonicPosted 9/11/2011 7:02:12 AM
i will be happy if there is no " stopping power " in the game. i think i will get MW3 for PS3 and Battlefield 3 for XBOX360.
---
PSWiiPC60DS -- Deus Ex, Crysis , SuperMario Bros, SC :Conviction , LIMBO
Dirt 3 , God of war 3, Mortal Kombat , Killzone 3, Mass effect 2 , DarkVoid, Alan Wake
#18SquallWindbladePosted 9/11/2011 7:18:46 AM
I think that if you don't have any doubts about Call of Duty 9, then you're probably doing it wrong.
---
Current field of study: Game Software Development
SOLVING ALL PROBLEMS WITH THE MAXIMUM POSSIBLE AMOUNT OF BLOODSHED IS JUST THE FURBY WAY.