This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

need help with system link

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. need help with system link
4 years ago#1
Me an my brother wanna play dead island. I have my one xbox hooked up to my tv and the other hooked up to an extra PC monitor i had near by. Do i just run an ethernet cable from one xbox to another and choose system link and it will play?
---
They call me the pickle tickler
4 years ago#2
bump
---
4 years ago#3
You know you need two copies of the game, right?

But yeah, you can either connect the 360 directly with a regular Ethernet cable, or you can plug them both into your network.
---
As Above, So Below
4 years ago#4
yea i know i need to copies. The game is soo worth buying 2 imo....but i think i need a special crossover cable. not ethernet. is that right?
---
4 years ago#5
.but i think i need a special crossover cable. not ethernet. is that right?

No,that's not right.

I tell you truth! Why u no believe me!

*coughs*

You never need a crossover cable with the 360, you can even connect it directly to an old original Xbox with a regular Ethernet cable. If you waste your money on a crossover cable I'm going to laugh at you.

I mean, you CAN use a crossover cable if that's all you have but you're wasting your money and getting and old obsolete cable if you do. The 360 will auto-switch so you can connect directly to other machines. And like I said, even an old Xbox. The 360 would take care of it to switch those umm... is it three wires around? I forget, it's been awhile since I've cut my own cable, and much longer since I've cut a crossover.
---
As Above, So Below
4 years ago#6
every website im seeing says that connecting an xbox 360 to another xbox 360 requires a crossover cable.
---
(message deleted)
4 years ago#8

every website im seeing says that connecting an xbox 360 to another xbox 360 requires a crossover cable.

No offense but you're going to websites full of idiots.

Unless they changed something with the slims, but I don't see why they would do that. And if one of the Xbox 360 is an old model then it doesn't matter if the other is a slim.
---
As Above, So Below
4 years ago#9
CaPwnD posted...
You know you need two copies of the game, right?

But yeah, you can either connect the 360 directly with a regular Ethernet cable, or you can plug them both into your network.

correct, either cable will work.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. need help with system link

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived