This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

need help with system link

#1CrackaJack95Posted 9/10/2011 7:00:17 PM
Me an my brother wanna play dead island. I have my one xbox hooked up to my tv and the other hooked up to an extra PC monitor i had near by. Do i just run an ethernet cable from one xbox to another and choose system link and it will play?
---
They call me the pickle tickler
#2CrackaJack95(Topic Creator)Posted 9/10/2011 7:09:31 PM
bump
---
#3CapwnDPosted 9/10/2011 7:15:19 PM
You know you need two copies of the game, right?

But yeah, you can either connect the 360 directly with a regular Ethernet cable, or you can plug them both into your network.
---
As Above, So Below
#4CrackaJack95(Topic Creator)Posted 9/10/2011 7:16:18 PM
yea i know i need to copies. The game is soo worth buying 2 imo....but i think i need a special crossover cable. not ethernet. is that right?
---
#5CapwnDPosted 9/10/2011 7:22:46 PM(edited)
.but i think i need a special crossover cable. not ethernet. is that right?

No,that's not right.

I tell you truth! Why u no believe me!

*coughs*

You never need a crossover cable with the 360, you can even connect it directly to an old original Xbox with a regular Ethernet cable. If you waste your money on a crossover cable I'm going to laugh at you.

I mean, you CAN use a crossover cable if that's all you have but you're wasting your money and getting and old obsolete cable if you do. The 360 will auto-switch so you can connect directly to other machines. And like I said, even an old Xbox. The 360 would take care of it to switch those umm... is it three wires around? I forget, it's been awhile since I've cut my own cable, and much longer since I've cut a crossover.
---
As Above, So Below
#6CrackaJack95(Topic Creator)Posted 9/11/2011 6:46:41 AM
every website im seeing says that connecting an xbox 360 to another xbox 360 requires a crossover cable.
---
#7CapwnDPosted 9/11/2011 10:30:13 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8CapwnDPosted 9/11/2011 10:33:36 AM

every website im seeing says that connecting an xbox 360 to another xbox 360 requires a crossover cable.

No offense but you're going to websites full of idiots.

Unless they changed something with the slims, but I don't see why they would do that. And if one of the Xbox 360 is an old model then it doesn't matter if the other is a slim.
---
As Above, So Below
#9shaned1980Posted 9/11/2011 10:42:53 AM
CaPwnD posted...
You know you need two copies of the game, right?

But yeah, you can either connect the 360 directly with a regular Ethernet cable, or you can plug them both into your network.

correct, either cable will work.