This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

RTS Genre: looking for advise

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. RTS Genre: looking for advise

User Info: Vashel

Vashel
5 years ago#1
I finally decided to finish my backlog, now I'm at the point when I'm running out of options and I have 3 RTS' that I haven't finish(360:Halo Wars and LOTR:BFME2, PC Dawn of War 2). I've never managed to finish an RTS before because I always stop at the point where things star to get hard in each game, in other words I suck at this genre. I really find this games fun so I was wondering if anyone has any basic tips so I can get any better and finish these games.
Gamertag: V4sh L

User Info: OgesMC

OgesMC
5 years ago#2
The only RTS games I enjoyed since the first (way back when) is the Command & Conquer games. The units, gameplay, graphics, and goofy live action bits keep you pushing on. These Halo and Lord of the Rings things I know nothing about. Pick up Red Alert 3 or something.
35 Lightnin'

User Info: Obtik

Obtik
5 years ago#3
Go for Halo Wars.. it'll keep you interested in the story.. because there actually is a story. As much as I like Command and Conquer and Red Alert.. the storys have always been basically nonexistant. With Halo wars.. you have a story, and if you ever get stuck just go for a walkthrough or something like that.. the missions are pretty short so that will work for you
If you want peace, prepare for war!

User Info: thatauthor

thatauthor
5 years ago#4
if you don't mind cheating, you can do these(LOTR doesn't have any besides unlocking hereos):

Dawn of War(if it's the Warhammer game): enter the console(by default Control-Shift-Tilde)
then press cheat_power( n ) for "Give yourself "n" units of power"

Halo wars: find skulls 10-17(except maybe #12, since it makes NPC units explode or something) a guide for all 17 is here:

http://www.gamesradar.com/halo-wars-guide-to-skulls-and-black-boxes/
...I'm going to stop thinking about that before my head explodes. - SwordznGunz

User Info: Jukain

Jukain
5 years ago#5
Drop those three games and get Brutal Legend.
"In peace, vigilance. In war, victory. In death, sacrifice." ~ The Gray Wardens
http://www.trueachievements.com/mygames.aspx?gamerid=71900

User Info: code_of_conduct

code_of_conduct
5 years ago#6
A good Real Time Shooter is CoD; multiplayer is perfect.
CoD 4 - 5/10. CoDW@W - 9/10. MW2 - 2/10. Blops - 7/10
SILENT HILL: DOWNPOUR! ES5: SKYRIM! BATTLEFIELD 3!

User Info: Scymite

Scymite
5 years ago#7
RTS Genre: looking for advise

I advise you to use the correct form of the word advice.
"half life is god, if you gave gordon freeman long hair he'd be freaken jesus with a crowbar" -- ilovecarebears

User Info: Private_Noob

Private_Noob
5 years ago#8
Upgrade your PC and get StarCraft II. Enough said.
Currently caught between a shotgun, a rocket, and a hard place.

User Info: AsucaHayashi

AsucaHayashi
5 years ago#9
if he can run DoW 2, he can run SC2.
''PC/360 titles are Microsoft exclusive meaning not on Apple or Linux, meaning the people who own Windows own 360 which still makes it exclusive''. ~Phamous1

User Info: darkhare

darkhare
5 years ago#10
i would download and play the demo R.U.S.E, imo its the best rts game on the 360 at this time.
all 360 games should have a demo. lets put revieweres out of business.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. RTS Genre: looking for advise

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived