This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Edge magazine should be banned from GR

#1ReeGPosted 9/14/2011 1:02:14 PM
Why do they even include this obv attention seeking publication in review averages?
3/10 for Dead Island
5/10 for Gunstringer

These games are both not perfect, especially Dead island which is riddled with bugs, but there's no justification to scoring them THAT low other than a blatant grab for publicity.
I generally don't care for review, but this is just troll food being needlessly publicized among otherwise reasonable review sources.
---
Currently Playing : Dead Island, Infamous 2, Xenoblade, Fruit Ninja Kinect, Child of Eden, Gunstringer, Windwaker, Twilight Princess, Ballad of Gay Tony, BFBC2
#2jcgriff1983xdPosted 9/14/2011 1:03:54 PM
They've done this for years. Why do you care?
---
Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in someone else's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? -Matthew 7:3
#3ratlank501Posted 9/14/2011 1:11:21 PM
Oh No! Someone actually uses the entire scale, instead of rating games from 7-10! They should be banned straight away!

troll food being needlessly publicized among otherwise reasonable review sources.

Reasonable review scores? From who? Most big-name titles get a 8/10 for merely existing from most of the popular reviewers. That's not reasonable. here's nothing reasonable about review scores, when you have to try to get a low score.
#4TimberWolfBobbyPosted 9/14/2011 1:13:43 PM
I know at least with metacritic, they have a weighted formula that they use for creating their aggregate review score. So a 3/10 may actually count higher when considering how hard Edge is on games compared to everyone else.

I don't mind places not afraid to use the full scale, and bring attention to games they weren't satisfied with. as long as their reasoning is valid.
---
"maybe its time to change your name to timberwolfrobert" - brunbbmerc
GT: TenaciousBobby
#5Killah PriestPosted 9/14/2011 1:15:01 PM
they don't use valid reasoning or even remain consistent
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#6Arucard05Posted 9/14/2011 1:15:42 PM
Dead Island is not a 3/10 game by any scale.

Edge is weird. But I think Jim Sterling deserves to be banned more. From Earth. Via rocket. Into the sun.
---
#7Killah PriestPosted 9/14/2011 1:17:22 PM
I can understand a 3/10 for dead island if you're getting into the technical aspects of the game and not just judging it by fun.

its a technical disaster every aspect of the game is glitchy.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#8Sailor GoonPosted 9/14/2011 1:29:55 PM
The game more than deserves that 3/10 score.
---
As told to me by Gamefaqs admin: They hire 17 year olds as moderators!
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh
#9BrucebeePosted 9/14/2011 1:32:06 PM
Dead Island is easily minumum 7.5/8

those guys are just full of douche
#10ReeG(Topic Creator)Posted 9/14/2011 2:21:50 PM
Killah Priest posted...
I can understand a 3/10 for dead island if you're getting into the technical aspects of the game and not just judging it by fun.

its a technical disaster every aspect of the game is glitchy.

It definitely has some technological problems but it's not like the game is an unplayable mess deserving of a 3/10

More important Gunstringer is a great game, a best of it's genre and 5/10 is just not justified.
---
Currently Playing : Dead Island, Infamous 2, Xenoblade, Fruit Ninja Kinect, Child of Eden, Gunstringer, Windwaker, Twilight Princess, Ballad of Gay Tony, BFBC2