This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Edge magazine should be banned from GR

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Edge magazine should be banned from GR
4 years ago#1
Why do they even include this obv attention seeking publication in review averages?
3/10 for Dead Island
5/10 for Gunstringer

These games are both not perfect, especially Dead island which is riddled with bugs, but there's no justification to scoring them THAT low other than a blatant grab for publicity.
I generally don't care for review, but this is just troll food being needlessly publicized among otherwise reasonable review sources.
---
Currently Playing : Dead Island, Infamous 2, Xenoblade, Fruit Ninja Kinect, Child of Eden, Gunstringer, Windwaker, Twilight Princess, Ballad of Gay Tony, BFBC2
4 years ago#2
They've done this for years. Why do you care?
---
Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in someone else's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? -Matthew 7:3
4 years ago#3
Oh No! Someone actually uses the entire scale, instead of rating games from 7-10! They should be banned straight away!

troll food being needlessly publicized among otherwise reasonable review sources.

Reasonable review scores? From who? Most big-name titles get a 8/10 for merely existing from most of the popular reviewers. That's not reasonable. here's nothing reasonable about review scores, when you have to try to get a low score.
4 years ago#4
I know at least with metacritic, they have a weighted formula that they use for creating their aggregate review score. So a 3/10 may actually count higher when considering how hard Edge is on games compared to everyone else.

I don't mind places not afraid to use the full scale, and bring attention to games they weren't satisfied with. as long as their reasoning is valid.
---
"maybe its time to change your name to timberwolfrobert" - brunbbmerc
GT: TenaciousBobby
4 years ago#5
they don't use valid reasoning or even remain consistent
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
4 years ago#6
Dead Island is not a 3/10 game by any scale.

Edge is weird. But I think Jim Sterling deserves to be banned more. From Earth. Via rocket. Into the sun.
---
4 years ago#7
I can understand a 3/10 for dead island if you're getting into the technical aspects of the game and not just judging it by fun.

its a technical disaster every aspect of the game is glitchy.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
4 years ago#8
The game more than deserves that 3/10 score.
---
As told to me by Gamefaqs admin: They hire 17 year olds as moderators!
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh
4 years ago#9
Dead Island is easily minumum 7.5/8

those guys are just full of douche
4 years ago#10
Killah Priest posted...
I can understand a 3/10 for dead island if you're getting into the technical aspects of the game and not just judging it by fun.

its a technical disaster every aspect of the game is glitchy.

It definitely has some technological problems but it's not like the game is an unplayable mess deserving of a 3/10

More important Gunstringer is a great game, a best of it's genre and 5/10 is just not justified.
---
Currently Playing : Dead Island, Infamous 2, Xenoblade, Fruit Ninja Kinect, Child of Eden, Gunstringer, Windwaker, Twilight Princess, Ballad of Gay Tony, BFBC2
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Edge magazine should be banned from GR

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived