This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any way to get your account back faster after it's compromised?

#1Jack_WraithPosted 9/14/2011 1:17:15 PM
My account was compromised somehow and I have not had access to my account since the 25th of last month.

I never share my personal information or do that account recovery crap or anything else that would leave my personal information exposed.

I'm not really sure how it happened and the only thing I can think of is that my Gamertag was linked to my Epic forum account when they got hacked.

Anyway, it's been quite some time and the Xbox Live support has been horrible. The first guy I talked to got one of the letters wrong of the email account that I set up to take care of all this with and it took 4 calls to straighten all that out.

2 of the people that I've talked to at support have treated me like I'm not who I am saying I am and giving me the run around.

If they had made it this hard for some douche to steal my account in the first place this never would have happened.

Now I'm being told that I won't get my account back until the 27th or 28th of this month and I'm about ready to punch someone in the face.

Has anyone else gone through this hellish experience and is there any way I can get them to just give me my account back before the 27th or 28th?

They say they aren't done with the investigation but not only is Microsoft's security not my problem, I don't agree with them using my compromised information as bait to catch some punk for credit card fraud.

I just want my account back and I'm really not sure why it's taking this long.

Any help?