This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Trophy noise / count is so much sweeter than achievement notification / score

#1XFactor1Posted 9/15/2011 6:20:51 AM
Ring it up from downtown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YaQq0qg1Dw
---
--
#2MikeStutterPosted 9/15/2011 6:23:53 AM
Can I turn off trophie notifications? I know I can achievements.
#3snoopymarkPosted 9/15/2011 6:50:21 AM
It's right up there on my ''to-do'' list, right after writing in this topic.
---
GT - snoopydoggy
#4CapwnDPosted 9/15/2011 6:51:38 AM
Trophy noise / count is so much sweeter than achievement notification / score

It sounds like somebody dropping a plate.
---
ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence
#5rockyoumonkeysPosted 9/15/2011 6:52:07 AM
I've finally stopped caring about achievements. I admit, for a while I was into the whole number score thing, and the pop up/noise was always kind of satisfying, but now I have no idea what my GS is.

I was just never into trophies. Maybe if they'd implemented some sort of visible "trophy shelf" or something, but all you get is a list which is effectively just a "percentage done" for each game, and it always takes forever to load that list...it's just tedious to try and get any kind of summary feeling from it all.
---
X360: RockYouMonkeys
Now Reading: The Shadow Rising, R. Jordan
#6XFactor1(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2011 7:07:29 AM
^ Do you even own a PS3? There is a visible trophy shelf in your profile that counts how many of each trophy you have on different tiers.
---
--
#7KcrackPosted 9/15/2011 7:08:53 AM
A topic comparing the "chirp" noise you get when earning achievements/trophies. A new low?
---
Now celebrating 10 years at GameFaqs. Woo.
#8CapwnDPosted 9/15/2011 7:21:54 AM

^ Do you even own a PS3? There is a visible trophy shelf in your profile that counts how many of each trophy you have on different tiers.

I do and I don't even know where I would go to look at them. On the 360 I get an achievement, you press the guide button as you're getting it and you can look at what you have and need to get. Or you can ignore it.

I like the idea of the Platnium trophies, but I don't care enough about any of the PS3 exclusives to bother getting them (relax it's nothing against PS3 exclusives, the only MS exclusive I cared enough to get achievements is the Halo games).
---
ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence
#9themerlinPosted 9/15/2011 7:24:10 AM
Wow i think i am going to buy a PS3 now.
---
As the world plunges into chaos, in this the final days of the wretched human race, there is only one antidote to this misery.....THE ELECTRIC WIZARD.
#10ObtikPosted 9/15/2011 7:27:04 AM
I actually thought that noise was horribly lame.. it literally sounded like I was picking up a coin on NES
---
If you want peace, prepare for war!