This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gears 3 9.5 from gamespot

#1ReeGPosted 9/15/2011 8:09:07 AM
:D

GOTY?

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/gears-of-war-3/review.html?tag=games%3Bgame_title%3B1
---
Currently Playing : Dead Island, Infamous 2, Xenoblade, Fruit Ninja Kinect, Child of Eden, Gunstringer, Windwaker, Twilight Princess, Ballad of Gay Tony, BFBC2
#2themerlinPosted 9/15/2011 8:14:51 AM
A guy on the PS3 board said it was damage control when i said Gamespot rated it 9.5 but IGN rated it 9. XD
---
As the world plunges into chaos, in this the final days of the wretched human race, there is only one antidote to this misery.....THE ELECTRIC WIZARD.
#3takidigits2005Posted 9/15/2011 8:16:09 AM
I think goty will come down to Gears 3 and Skyrim. Both games look to be as excellent as they should be. Is it next week yet?
---
"You know I can't play without a GUI -TAR string, n-n-n-n-n-nephew!!!" --- Uncle Pecos
#4M_RUTTER2K8Posted 9/15/2011 8:18:50 AM(edited)
themerlin posted...
A guy on the PS3 board said it was damage control when i said Gamespot rated it 9.5 but IGN rated it 9. XD

As you said in (i think?) the same topic you're talking about, the PS3 fanboys are just being sour because a 360 exclusive is getting really high scores. You can bet they won't be saying it's reassurance or damage control when they're spouting the high scores Uncharted will get later in the year.

In terms of GOTY, i still think Skyrim will be mine.
---
Friendship is like peeing yourself; everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
#5themerlinPosted 9/15/2011 8:23:18 AM
M_RUTTER2K8 posted...
themerlin posted...

As you said in (i think?) the same topic you're talking about, the PS3 fanboys are just being sour because a 360 exclusive is getting really high scores. You can bet they won't be saying it's reassurance or damage control when they're spouting the high scores Uncharted will get later in the year.

In terms of GOTY, i still think Skyrim will be mine.

Dude i could not care less, i generally play RPG`s exclusively, i probably will just rent Gear 3 for the campaign.
---
As the world plunges into chaos, in this the final days of the wretched human race, there is only one antidote to this misery.....THE ELECTRIC WIZARD.
#6VandorLeePosted 9/15/2011 8:23:34 AM
It didnt get perfect scores? Wow they really dropped the ball on this one. I may not get it now.
---
"God did not create humans,
Humans created God"
#7TheSmartBlondePosted 9/15/2011 8:26:12 AM
You're forgetting Uncharted 3 and Batman: Arkham City for GOTY. I'm willing to bet that UC3 will be be getting a lot of praise.
#8ReeG(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2011 8:31:39 AM
TheSmartBlonde posted...
You're forgetting Uncharted 3 and Batman: Arkham City for GOTY. I'm willing to bet that UC3 will be be getting a lot of praise.

I'm not forgetting at all. I'm very much looking forward to BF3, Uncharted 3, Skyward Sword and Skyrim. I just hope all those games deliver the way Gears 3 assumingly has
---
Currently Playing : Dead Island, Infamous 2, Xenoblade, Fruit Ninja Kinect, Child of Eden, Gunstringer, Windwaker, Twilight Princess, Ballad of Gay Tony, BFBC2
#9ShineboxerPosted 9/15/2011 8:53:08 AM
themerlin posted...

They're mad that the PS3 exclusives have been extremely mediocre or horrible.
#10CapnStankyPosted 9/15/2011 9:06:20 AM
Shineboxer posted...
themerlin posted...

They're mad that the PS3 exclusives have been extremely mediocre or horrible.

They certainly sell that way. Gears 3 alone has more PREORDERS than any of the Exclusives has sales this year.