This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about an email from MS? Don't know if legit?

#1kidwgmPosted 9/15/2011 12:11:34 PM
I got an email titled "Here is your gift from Xbox LIVE" The sender's email is: Xbox@engage.xbox.com. It says "Thanks for being an Xbox LIVE member. You've earned a free gift for purchasing your Xbox LIVE subscription. Just follow the instructions below, and you can download it immediately.*"

I did just re-new my XBL subscription last month. I just don't like clicking on links that I'm not sure about. I don't remember seeing or reading anything about a reward when I re-newed. So does anyone gotten a email like this once they renewed? Legit?
---
Player 1 - Press Start
#2CapwnDPosted 9/15/2011 12:24:31 PM
You sure that's even the right email? Hover over the link and see if the email address is the same as what's displayed.

Regardless I wouldn't even consider trying it.
---
ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence
#3kidwgm(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2011 12:27:39 PM
When I hover over the link it is the same. I just tweeted to Xbox support to see if they knew but they haven't responded.
---
Player 1 - Press Start
#4delux19Posted 9/15/2011 12:38:56 PM
I Googled the email. I saw one thread and people there said it was a legit xbox email. Click the link.
#5kidwgm(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2011 12:42:09 PM
Yeah. @xboxsupport just said it was legit. I just wanted to be sure. Especially with all the posts lately about accounts being phished.
---
Player 1 - Press Start