This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about an email from MS? Don't know if legit?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Question about an email from MS? Don't know if legit?

User Info: kidwgm

kidwgm
5 years ago#1
I got an email titled "Here is your gift from Xbox LIVE" The sender's email is: Xbox@engage.xbox.com. It says "Thanks for being an Xbox LIVE member. You've earned a free gift for purchasing your Xbox LIVE subscription. Just follow the instructions below, and you can download it immediately.*"

I did just re-new my XBL subscription last month. I just don't like clicking on links that I'm not sure about. I don't remember seeing or reading anything about a reward when I re-newed. So does anyone gotten a email like this once they renewed? Legit?
Player 1 - Press Start

User Info: CapwnD

CapwnD
5 years ago#2
You sure that's even the right email? Hover over the link and see if the email address is the same as what's displayed.

Regardless I wouldn't even consider trying it.
ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence

kidwgm
5 years ago#3
When I hover over the link it is the same. I just tweeted to Xbox support to see if they knew but they haven't responded.
Player 1 - Press Start

User Info: delux19

delux19
5 years ago#4
I Googled the email. I saw one thread and people there said it was a legit xbox email. Click the link.

kidwgm
5 years ago#5
Yeah. @xboxsupport just said it was legit. I just wanted to be sure. Especially with all the posts lately about accounts being phished.
Player 1 - Press Start
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Question about an email from MS? Don't know if legit?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived