This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Some help with surround sound headsets...

#1JKSonicPosted 9/16/2011 7:38:31 AM
Has anybody tried these Sharkoon headsets?

http://www.amazon.com/Sharkoon-X-Tatic-Surround-Not-Machine-Specific/dp/B003H4QIC0/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

4-stars with 64 reviews is pretty good for Amazon.

Just trying to find a good price/quality meeting place here. It seems crazy when my receiver cost me $210 a couple years ago and now headphones themselves cost that much!

Does anybody know of some of the older models of X41 type sets, like do they have older versions in 5.1 instead of 7.1?...maybe I could find a pair used on the cheap but I'm having trouble finding older model equivalents.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#2JKSonic(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2011 7:41:23 AM
Oh and has anybody used any of the stereo ones? I mean would they even be worth it? The whole point is so I don't need my surround sound system in my living room anymore.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#3JKSonic(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2011 8:26:02 AM
Eh nobody cares, haha...but may just go with the AX 720's. Cheaper, don't need to charge and they're in stock. After I sell my receiver and some of my speakers (have two 5.1 surround sound sets worth) I should basically get these for free.
---
#4Doom2006Posted 9/16/2011 8:31:53 AM
Capwnd will almost certainly be along shortly to help you. :P
---
GT: WelcomedDread
"We walk by a shoe store and it's like a fly going to a fly zapper." - mario_pot about his girlfriend