This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have a gaming PC but am buying BF3 on console cuz of friends.

#1TidusDaniel54Posted 9/16/2011 9:20:01 PM
anyone else in the same situation?
More of my friends have a 360 than a nice PC, but I'd rather play with them than randoms online.

as for how I feel about it...kinda sucks but maybe somewhere down the line they will upgrade.
---
Trollenberg, home of the Crawling Eye. All stops lead to a bloody death. - Tom Servo
#2Highly EvolvedPosted 9/16/2011 9:24:03 PM
I play with strangers on either platform, but I'd much rather sit back on my couch and game on my big screen with a controller than having to sit in front of a PC
---
It is the beginning of my end. I've raised you well, GameFAQs. Now go, make me proud. *sniff* - CjayC 7/19/2007
#3TidusDaniel54(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2011 9:28:26 PM
Highly Evolved posted...
I play with strangers on either platform, but I'd much rather sit back on my couch and game on my big screen with a controller than having to sit in front of a PC

I don't know if it was confirmed for BF3, but most games these days allow controller play. further I could just hook my comp up to my tv.
---
Trollenberg, home of the Crawling Eye. All stops lead to a bloody death. - Tom Servo
#4lburketPosted 9/16/2011 9:43:39 PM
Same here

Playing with friends> graphics
#5SODISPosted 9/16/2011 9:52:27 PM
Me and my friends are pretty hardcore about this stuff. We always stick together and will play the game on the best platform available. It's fortunate that most of my friends who are into FPS games already have rigs, so it's not a problem. Even if that wasn't the case, we would all just upgrade anyways. The price of entry is nothing compared to the best experience possible. We're like a hive-mind sorta.
---
NIER
#6Misaki_KiPosted 9/16/2011 9:56:55 PM
I'm getting it on the PS3 (rather the 360, but again falls into the friend reason.) For me, playing with friends outweighs anything else.
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Misaki-Ki&sclick=1
#7airfoemoePosted 9/16/2011 10:34:08 PM(edited)
Highly Evolved posted...

Then hook your PC up to your TV.
---
http://www.schtserv.com/connect.php
^ go here if u wanna play Phantasy Star Online for Gamecube, Dreamcast,and PC (for free)
#8AsucaHayashiPosted 9/16/2011 10:34:37 PM
airfoemoe posted...
Highly Evolved posted...

Then hook your PC up to you TV.

nah don't.

his next argument will be how it's inconvenient or there's no room or it doesn't feel right or his gaming setup doesn't allow it or he can't be bothered etc.
---
''PC/360 titles are Microsoft exclusive meaning not on Apple or Linux, meaning the people who own Windows own 360 which still makes it exclusive''. ~Phamous1
#9Arucard05Posted 9/16/2011 10:37:41 PM
I don't have a gaming PC but even if I did I'd probably still play it on the 360. I just can't stand gaming on the PC.
---
#10ElusiveOneXPosted 9/16/2011 10:41:29 PM
AsucaHayashi posted...
nah don't.

his next argument will be how it's inconvenient or there's no room or it doesn't feel right or his gaming setup doesn't allow it or he can't be bothered etc.

Pretty much, I have these discussions with a friend all the time. He always feeds me the line about it not "feeling" right. It's completely stupid but meh, you can't break up with your friends.