This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So gears 3 DLC has already gone insane before the game is even out.

#1pothocketPosted 9/19/2011 8:08:54 AM
In case you haven't seen the marketplace yet, the new DLC tab has been flooded by Gears 3 with weapon skins. You know, the kinda thing that you assume would just be a regular unlock earned by playing. Which raises the question: are these the skins that can be earned in game or are these unique ones? Are there any skins, in-game, that can be earned rather than paid for. But hey, you could just buy them all for $25 or more (not sure about exact price).

There's also the season pass which is, how did they put this?...a "pre-order" on future DLC that includes a whole 33% discount on said DLC. Price of season pass? Around $40 (again, don't remember exact price)
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#2Mike_VanderzandPosted 9/19/2011 8:12:37 AM
pothocket posted...
In case you haven't seen the marketplace yet, the new DLC tab has been flooded by Gears 3 with weapon skins. You know, the kinda thing that you assume would just be a regular unlock earned by playing. Which raises the question: are these the skins that can be earned in game or are these unique ones? Are there any skins, in-game, that can be earned rather than paid for. But hey, you could just buy them all for $25 or more (not sure about exact price).

There's also the season pass which is, how did they put this?...a "pre-order" on future DLC that includes a whole 33% discount on said DLC. Price of season pass? Around $40 (again, don't remember exact price)

All skins in the DLC are on the disc and not unlockable in game.
---
Walshy knows I'm a BEAST, PROOF:http://youtu.be/_YJ_OTU3-EQ
Sub my channel: http://www.youtube.com/mikevanderzand
#3thehitman47Posted 9/19/2011 8:12:37 AM
Ugh, heres the same old topic whining about the same old thing.

Yes, game companies are money grubbing whores.

Gears 3 weapon packs are dumb, but there are may unlockable skins in game. The download ones are just more options I guess, you really don't have to get them and I don't plan on it.

A lot of characters and skins are unlocked during play time through achievements and such.
---
Xbox Live Gamer Tag - The Assassin 47
PSN - TheHitman47
#4pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2011 8:15:28 AM
Who's whining? Before just automatically throwing out the term you should check if any whining is actually going on. All I did was list the facts about what happened to the marketplace and ask some question.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#5thehitman47Posted 9/19/2011 8:18:50 AM
So gears 3 DLC has already gone insane before the game is even out.

You know, the kinda thing that you assume would just be a regular unlock earned by playing.

I did check it out. Sounds like grade A whining to me.
---
Xbox Live Gamer Tag - The Assassin 47
PSN - TheHitman47
#6PrinceOfFalloutPosted 9/19/2011 8:23:32 AM
this has been known for weeks
---
"In the real world you're just a ***** with a keyboard."
GT:GodMode XIII
#7Combo MasterPosted 9/19/2011 8:23:34 AM
I agree with topic creator and find it sickening actually. Screw the people who disagree saying your whining
---
Combo Master
#8thehitman47Posted 9/19/2011 8:26:57 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#9Combo MasterPosted 9/19/2011 8:30:10 AM
thehitman47 posted...
Seriously?

Horse armor has been around since the launch of the 360 and you people STILL WHINE LIKE LITTLE BABIES about DLC?

Yeah I called you babies. Get your head out your ass, this is what is happening with gaming, lets move on and have real discussions.

It's different 6 months or so down the line when they pretend they didn't have all the content ready to go before they released the game but when it is a blatant as now to now try to make the game $100+ on release day for extra content i refuse to ever support it.

Gears of war multi player has got to be the most over rated multi player ever as well imo.
---
Combo Master
#10PrinceOfFalloutPosted 9/19/2011 8:35:16 AM
Combo Master posted...
thehitman47 posted...
Seriously?

Horse armor has been around since the launch of the 360 and you people STILL WHINE LIKE LITTLE BABIES about DLC?

Yeah I called you babies. Get your head out your ass, this is what is happening with gaming, lets move on and have real discussions.

It's different 6 months or so down the line when they pretend they didn't have all the content ready to go before they released the game but when it is a blatant as now to now try to make the game $100+ on release day for extra content i refuse to ever support it.

Gears of war multi player has got to be the most over rated multi player ever as well imo.

stop crying
---
"In the real world you're just a ***** with a keyboard."
GT:GodMode XIII