This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So gears 3 DLC has already gone insane before the game is even out.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. So gears 3 DLC has already gone insane before the game is even out.

User Info: pothocket

pothocket
5 years ago#1
In case you haven't seen the marketplace yet, the new DLC tab has been flooded by Gears 3 with weapon skins. You know, the kinda thing that you assume would just be a regular unlock earned by playing. Which raises the question: are these the skins that can be earned in game or are these unique ones? Are there any skins, in-game, that can be earned rather than paid for. But hey, you could just buy them all for $25 or more (not sure about exact price).

There's also the season pass which is, how did they put this?...a "pre-order" on future DLC that includes a whole 33% discount on said DLC. Price of season pass? Around $40 (again, don't remember exact price)
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson

User Info: Mike_Vanderzand

Mike_Vanderzand
5 years ago#2
pothocket posted...
In case you haven't seen the marketplace yet, the new DLC tab has been flooded by Gears 3 with weapon skins. You know, the kinda thing that you assume would just be a regular unlock earned by playing. Which raises the question: are these the skins that can be earned in game or are these unique ones? Are there any skins, in-game, that can be earned rather than paid for. But hey, you could just buy them all for $25 or more (not sure about exact price).

There's also the season pass which is, how did they put this?...a "pre-order" on future DLC that includes a whole 33% discount on said DLC. Price of season pass? Around $40 (again, don't remember exact price)

All skins in the DLC are on the disc and not unlockable in game.
Walshy knows I'm a BEAST, PROOF:http://youtu.be/_YJ_OTU3-EQ
Sub my channel: http://www.youtube.com/mikevanderzand

User Info: thehitman47

thehitman47
5 years ago#3
Ugh, heres the same old topic whining about the same old thing.

Yes, game companies are money grubbing whores.

Gears 3 weapon packs are dumb, but there are may unlockable skins in game. The download ones are just more options I guess, you really don't have to get them and I don't plan on it.

A lot of characters and skins are unlocked during play time through achievements and such.
Xbox Live Gamer Tag - The Assassin 47
PSN - TheHitman47

User Info: pothocket

pothocket
5 years ago#4
Who's whining? Before just automatically throwing out the term you should check if any whining is actually going on. All I did was list the facts about what happened to the marketplace and ask some question.
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson

User Info: thehitman47

thehitman47
5 years ago#5
So gears 3 DLC has already gone insane before the game is even out.

You know, the kinda thing that you assume would just be a regular unlock earned by playing.

I did check it out. Sounds like grade A whining to me.
Xbox Live Gamer Tag - The Assassin 47
PSN - TheHitman47

User Info: PrinceOfFallout

PrinceOfFallout
5 years ago#6
this has been known for weeks
"In the real world you're just a ***** with a keyboard."
GT:GodMode XIII

User Info: Combo Master

Combo Master
5 years ago#7
I agree with topic creator and find it sickening actually. Screw the people who disagree saying your whining
Combo Master
(message deleted)

User Info: Combo Master

Combo Master
5 years ago#9
thehitman47 posted...
Seriously?

Horse armor has been around since the launch of the 360 and you people STILL WHINE LIKE LITTLE BABIES about DLC?

Yeah I called you babies. Get your head out your ass, this is what is happening with gaming, lets move on and have real discussions.

It's different 6 months or so down the line when they pretend they didn't have all the content ready to go before they released the game but when it is a blatant as now to now try to make the game $100+ on release day for extra content i refuse to ever support it.

Gears of war multi player has got to be the most over rated multi player ever as well imo.
Combo Master

User Info: PrinceOfFallout

PrinceOfFallout
5 years ago#10
Combo Master posted...
thehitman47 posted...
Seriously?

Horse armor has been around since the launch of the 360 and you people STILL WHINE LIKE LITTLE BABIES about DLC?

Yeah I called you babies. Get your head out your ass, this is what is happening with gaming, lets move on and have real discussions.

It's different 6 months or so down the line when they pretend they didn't have all the content ready to go before they released the game but when it is a blatant as now to now try to make the game $100+ on release day for extra content i refuse to ever support it.

Gears of war multi player has got to be the most over rated multi player ever as well imo.

stop crying
"In the real world you're just a ***** with a keyboard."
GT:GodMode XIII
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. So gears 3 DLC has already gone insane before the game is even out.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived