This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gears 3 manual

#1Delta ZeroPosted 9/20/2011 8:48:09 AM
Well I just picked up my pre-order of Gears 3. Took it home and tore the plastic wrapping. I opened up the case to take a look at the manual, and what do I find? A freaking 1 page manual. What the hell is this crap? It only has the "warranty" and the controls, and a FREAKING LINK to the real manual. This is probably the saddest thing of modern gaming. I don't mind DLC, Pre-order bonuses, Online passes, but these crap manuals are just downright sad.

I just had to rant. Blogfaqs and all that.
---
-__-
#2bluehat94Posted 9/20/2011 8:49:44 AM
i really dont mind, and considering you're currently on the computer, why cant you just look up the manual now?
---
"When these hands are crushing your throat, your dying breath won't be an appeal to god, it'll be, thank you Killbane"- Killbane
#3FocianPosted 9/20/2011 8:49:51 AM
I know man, I understand your pain. My pain, however, comes from the fact that, without the manual, it doesn't really have the same "New Game Smell".

In short, screw DD and it's complete lack of nasal interaction...
---
GT/PSN: Focian-
People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. Chaos is born from loving things, and using people.
#4XShadowStrike99Posted 9/20/2011 8:51:04 AM
When was the last time you purchased a 360 game? They started having these crap manuals a little over a year ago.

AC:B, Black Ops, MK, etc all have those manuals.
---
http://imgur.com/ynfvA.jpg http://imgur.com/K9kV9.jpg
#5da number one stoogePosted 9/20/2011 8:55:45 AM
With all the money they're saving Cliffy B can buy another Lambo.
---
GFAQ Fact No. 165: Anybody that uses the word "whining" in place of an articulated argument is a little *****.
#6Delta Zero(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2011 9:21:22 AM
XShadowStrike99 posted...
When was the last time you purchased a 360 game? They started having these crap manuals a little over a year ago.

AC:B, Black Ops, MK, etc all have those manuals.

No no no. I have Black Ops and it has at least 8 pages or so. Crap, yes, but not THIS crappy. This is just a leaflet. It has nothing on it except the warranty and the controls. At least black ops had an index and some bullcrap about the HUD.

bluehat94 posted...
i really dont mind, and considering you're currently on the computer, why cant you just look up the manual now?

Oh I can, and I have. I might just be too oldschool. I have always looked at the manuals after buying a game... and yes I also smell them. I don't know why I care, but I do.
---
-__-
#7kenmthefooPosted 9/20/2011 9:37:27 AM
Why are people so obsessed with the manual? If you want to read, buy a book. If you want to play video games... well that's what you're getting so stop complaining.
---
Gamertag----- Kenmthefoo
#8TheMuffinPosted 9/20/2011 9:44:21 AM
So many youngins in here.
---
Gabrius ~Hedro, tank you for cawling xbox suppaaart, my neem is THOMAS, hawl cun I heeelp you?
#9kenmthefooPosted 9/20/2011 9:52:49 AM
TheMuffin posted...

What are you getting at?
---
Gamertag----- Kenmthefoo
#10jaygoodPosted 9/20/2011 10:07:15 AM
kenmthefoo posted...
TheMuffin posted...

What are you getting at?

Nostalgia. I suspect he is remembering the good old days where getting a new game was special. Where you would get a 20 or 30 page full color book you could enjoy while on your way home from KB toys (remember them?). Something youngsters dont know anything about.

Part of the reason I buy just about anything AtLUS puts out.
---
Currently playing: Sacred 2 (PS3)
GT/PSN: Quadrunner76