This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

360 games with good music in them? Any Metroid Prime and Star Fox 64 360 games?

#1EternalWolfPosted 9/20/2011 3:18:03 PM
I asked this question on the PS3 board every now in then but now that I have a 360 I am looking for more good games that dont suck, and usually if they dont have good music in them I dont think they are any good because there is almost no atmosphere in the games outside of the horror genre.

Perfect Dark Arcade has good music in it, Radiant Silvergun has good music in it, Halo: Reach has no music in it etc... I am talking about music for each level, BGMs, not movie orchestra music that starts playing only in "tense" music like Uncharted. BGM defines a level, its hard to think of old games and not think of the music you know? Shadow Complex was a game that needed music and didnt have it except in certain moments whereas Super Metroid and Metroid Primes music really helped define the environments.

Understand what I am asking so I dont get any Halo: Reach has good music BS like I got with Uncharted on the PS3?

Also, is there any FPS, or should I say FPA, like Metroid Prime and any 3d space shooters like Star Fox on the 360?
---
As We Go...
#2Sonicfan117Posted 9/20/2011 3:42:32 PM(edited)
Mass Effect will quench your sci-fi thirst, and has some excelent music. I also really like Lords of Shadow's OST although it isn't very Castlevania like and most people think it's mediocre at best. Halo used to have fantastic music but IMO Reach was a huge let down in that department.

If you're talking about exclusives, I can't help you. Most of my collection is 3rd party.
---
Remember kids, if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.
Pro Tip: E means "Everyone", not "Eleven and Under"
#3ZanimarPosted 9/20/2011 4:00:36 PM
I would say that Bioshock and Bioshock 2 should give you a sort of Metroid Prime sorta feel. I do recommend turning off the hint system in the Bioshock games so that you can get an even greater sense of exploration. Dead Space may do it as well, but it doesn't quite have as much exploration as Metroid Prime. I guess in the end you could say that Bioshock 1 and 2 are like Metroid Prime 1 and 2 and Dead Space is like Metroid Prime 3.

As far as a Starfox type game, the only one I could think of that may give the same vibe would be Raystorm HD. Other than that, I've no clue as I don't play many of those kind of games.
---
Gamertag: Renryuu
Go back, back into a nebulous dream!
#4NinjuggalotusPosted 9/20/2011 4:06:27 PM
Bastion
---
"Come at the king, you best not miss."
"C'mon Alex, you can do it! C'mon Alex, there's nothing to it!."
#5CapwnDPosted 9/20/2011 4:11:09 PM
Lost Odyssey.
---
ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence
#6CapwnDPosted 9/20/2011 4:13:37 PM
and any 3d space shooters like Star Fox on the 360?

There's two.

Project Sylpheed and Darkstar One. People tend to like Project Sylpheed more. It is the more eastern/Japanese type games. Darkstar has more of a western feel to it. Both are kind of like Colony Wars.
---
ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence