This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone think that MS should create a Report Underaged Gamer button?

#11WinternovaPosted 9/21/2011 5:32:47 PM
schmittycent2 posted...
I agree 100% underage kids shouldn't be playing mature game. I also do agree it's the parents responsibility but it's the 21st century it's easier for parents to stick their kids in front of a tv over spending time with them. I'm a parent and I would never let my child play mature rated games it's irresponsible as a parent.

It's still not Microsoft's job to make up for lax parenting.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(AFC Champs), Red Wings(Central Champs)
#12LethalbuttersPosted 9/21/2011 7:00:07 PM
I'd Like atleast to add it to the dislike player so I don't ever see them again. Also I think its unfair to ban someone for strong language on a m rated game with strong language. I can see annoying and interruptive but it's a m game.
---
Best Bands: The Black Dahlia Murder, Whitechapel, Suicide Silence, Oceano.
#13SODISPosted 9/21/2011 7:04:01 PM(edited)
schmittycent2 posted...
I agree 100% underage kids shouldn't be playing mature game. I also do agree it's the parents responsibility but it's the 21st century it's easier for parents to stick their kids in front of a tv over spending time with them. I'm a parent and I would never let my child play mature rated games it's irresponsible as a parent.

A game like CoD or Halo isn't mature in its content, or its features, yet they slap on a M-label anyways. What's considered a "mature" game is subjective so why discriminate underage gamers because you feel like your opinion on the word "mature" entitles you to such?

Lethalbutters posted...
I'd Like atleast to add it to the dislike player so I don't ever see them again. Also I think its unfair to ban someone for strong language on a m rated game with strong language. I can see annoying and interruptive but it's a m game.

strong language =/= maturity. In fact, I'd argue that people who feel the need to use strong language as often as they do shouldn't be playing games at all, but going back to English class to learn some new vocabulary.
---
NIER
#14MestizoFreakPosted 9/21/2011 7:06:48 PM
Back in June, the Supreme Court ruled against the things people like Joe Lieberman and Jack Thompson were trying to preach, labelling them unconstitutional. It also means that even a child can buy an M-rated game now. It is no longer the store's/developer's faults; it's COMPLETELY up to the parents, as it was since the beginning.

In your case, if you hate raging, racist, sexist, homophobic kids on this, the system that was labelled with said stereotypes, just either mute the kid or leave the game, and rate the kid poorly so you don't get paired with him again.
#15GobizkuPosted 9/21/2011 7:08:26 PM
It's the parents responsibility, not Microsoft's.

Microsoft included family and online safety settings on the console and account, as well as potentially having a parental account over the child account. All the features are there for the parent to make a decision as to what they allow their child to do.
---
"Chaos Is Not Entropy...Chaos Is Continual Creation." -Praxis
Preparation For A Coming Darkness
#16TerantatekPosted 9/21/2011 7:09:47 PM
Yes. I was flabbergasted the first time I tried to find the "report underaged gamer" button and couldn't find it.

Flabbergasted I tell you
---
"Dude, I can't feel my legs. Are they there?"
Love, Peace, 4:20-14/7. Living in Euphoria
#17jakethenoobPosted 9/21/2011 8:05:24 PM
Why would you report someone for something that is completely legal
---
TF2 Backpack: http://www.tf2items.com/profiles/76561197998671913