This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You know the COD franchise could learn alot fron gears franchise

#1squon8888Posted 9/21/2011 3:22:27 PM(edited)
Cod is overrated copy and pasted recycled garbage that comes out annually with barely anything added or anythig new. Gears comes out every 3 years and every series is amazing with so much added to it. This is why i support developers who take their time in making the next game so they can make it better than the previous and add new things
#2dannyaqPosted 9/21/2011 3:30:08 PM
yea but i'd say if you compare call of duty games every 3 years, they have about the same amount of change as gears. so you can just buy call of duty every 3 years if you want. whats wrong with having slight updates to the formula every year so long as you get the same bigger changes over a 3 year period?
---
There are only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't
#3KaeporoPosted 9/21/2011 3:32:47 PM
The only thing that sucks about the Gears of War franchise are the people who play it. If Gears of War 3's multiplayer is another shotgun fest filled with trash talking teenagers, i'll pass.
---
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. Gamertag-Kaeporo
#4squon8888(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2011 3:42:55 PM(edited)
Ya kaepro like the cod community is any better? Nothing but sore losers and fat slobs play that game
#5QuetzocoetlPosted 9/21/2011 3:51:23 PM
dannyaq posted...
yea but i'd say if you compare call of duty games every 3 years, they have about the same amount of change as gears. so you can just buy call of duty every 3 years if you want. whats wrong with having slight updates to the formula every year so long as you get the same bigger changes over a 3 year period?

The games change quicker than that, just buy every other one.
MW-MW2-MW3
Ignore WaW and Black Ops and It'll look like every sequel vastly improves the franchise.
---
Retribution Boards >retribution.muux.org< -Free Forum, Free Speech.
Gamertag: Quetzocoetl
#6GamerSantaPosted 9/21/2011 3:52:03 PM
Last I checked. Black Ops sold more copies than Gears 1 and 2 COMBINED. If anything, Epic needs to learn a **** ton from IW/Treyarch if they want to actually make a profit.
---
My magnificence knows no bounds.
#7dannyaqPosted 9/21/2011 3:56:00 PM
GamerSanta posted...
Last I checked. Black Ops sold more copies than Gears 1 and 2 COMBINED. If anything, Epic needs to learn a **** ton from IW/Treyarch if they want to actually make a profit.

is that on the 360 only or across all systems? cause I don't think going multiplatform is an option for microsoft.
---
There are only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't
#8GamerSantaPosted 9/21/2011 3:59:51 PM
dannyaq posted...

is that on the 360 only or across all systems? cause I don't think going multiplatform is an option for microsoft.

Xbox 360 only. I thought that was obvious...
---
My magnificence knows no bounds.
#9metroid00700Posted 9/21/2011 4:14:23 PM
Quetzocoetl posted...
dannyaq posted...

The games change quicker than that, just buy every other one.
MW-MW2-MW3
Ignore WaW and Black Ops and It'll look like every sequel vastly improves the franchise.

I can't stop laughing at this. MW2 an IMPROVEMENT over MW1? Other than graphics and Spec Ops MW2 sucks harder in every way, and that can almost be a fact. And MW3 is using the SAME EXACT engine as MW2 so I'm sure it'll be "vastly improved" as well. Thanks for the laughs man.
---
www.youtube.com/ONLYUSEmeFEET My Gaming Videos!
www.twitter.com/ONLYUSEmeFEET I game and type with my feet as well!
#10KaeporoPosted 9/21/2011 4:30:35 PM
squon8888 posted...
Ya kaepro like the cod community is any better? Nothing but sore losers and fat slobs play that game

Where in my post did I mention Call of Duty? Neither game has a good community. A product can be at fault without a petty comparison between it and a similar product.
---
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. Gamertag-Kaeporo