This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I just got an Xbox 360, what games would you guys recommend?

#1sonicfreak0221Posted 9/21/2011 9:03:54 PM
I got the GoW3 edition XBox 360 and was wondering what games I should get

I already got
Gears of War 3
Sonic Unleashed
Splatterhouse (coming in the mail)
Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts (also coming in the mail)
Castlevania Harmony of Dispair
---
I like men. - Crashman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdzjVnH9YoY
#2peter_888Posted 9/21/2011 9:14:43 PM
well what kind of genre you like. I personally can't really recommend you a game if I don't really know what kind of games you like.
---
I'm a gamer dang it, not a pc gamer or a console gamer, just a gamer.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Peter47890
#3HellJumper_SKPosted 9/21/2011 9:20:43 PM
Halo Reach, can't go wrong with it.

There is a lot of gameplay there, similar to Gears.

Good campaign, awesome multiplayer, co-op, firefigh (ie. Horde mode from Gears), forge etc.

Can't go wrong.
---
Now Playing: Gears of War 3, NHL 12, Battlefield: Bad Company 2.
#4sonicfreak0221(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2011 9:50:22 PM(edited)
oh sorry, I forgot to mention what genres I like

I like action platforming, RPGs, some shooters (although I prefer them on the PC) and some puzzle games,

EDIT: Oh, and I like the Horror Genre, and some fighting games (was thinking about getting UMvC)
---
I like men. - Crashman
#5peter_888Posted 9/21/2011 9:56:33 PM(edited)
sonicfreak0221 posted...
oh sorry, I forgot to mention what genres I like

I like action platforming, RPGs, some shooters (although I prefer them on the PC) and some puzzle games,

EDIT: Oh, and I like the Horror Genre, and some fighting games (was thinking about getting UMvC)

well based on those genres I would recommend.

Tales of Vesperia
Dragon Age Origins
Bioshock
Bioshock 2
Blazblue: Contiunm shift
Mass Effect
Mass Effect 2
Lost Odyssey(if you don't mind some old jrpg elements like random encounters and turn based combat)
Infinite Undiscovery(bland story but pretty good combat system)
Catherine
Portal 2

Edit: I would recommend some horror titles, but I don't really play horror games
---
I'm a gamer dang it, not a pc gamer or a console gamer, just a gamer.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Peter47890
#6Resident WeevilPosted 9/21/2011 10:34:10 PM
Hey TC, is that GoW3 system as awesome as the pictures make it look?

Anyway, get a points card and get Resident Evil 4 HD. It's pretty sweet.

btw, good choice with Splatterhouse... that game is a blast.
---
...and on that day, the World was changed forever.
SMILE! Satan loves you!
#7kungfuj0Posted 9/22/2011 1:29:00 AM
If you like racing games (or just cars in general), then give the Forza games a look. They are sim, but they are VERY accessible with their assists and whatnot. Forza 3 is the current one out now, but 4 is out in less than a month.

If you like open-world/sandbox games, give Saints Row 1&2 a look. 1 took alot of what GTA:SA did and improved on it, and 2 improved on 1 in just about every way. 3 is coming this November, and it looks to be the best of the bunch.

Somebody already mentioned the Mass Effect and Dragon Age games. I can highly recoomend all of them. They are my favorite rpgs this generation and some of my favorites of all time.

You mentioned fighting games, well the best of them, IMO at the moment is the latest Mortal Kombat that came out a few months back. They went back to 2d with it, and alot of people swear by that. I love the game and highly recommend it.

There's a boatload of stuff on the horizon too. You already have Gears, but in the next couple months, the dam is going ot break with all the good games coming out. You have stuff like Skyrim, Saint's Row 3, Forza 4, Battlefield 3, another Call of Duty game, NBA2K12, and who knows what else! Bottom line: It's a damn good time to be a gamer!
---
Kungfuj0
#8The_Hungry_OnePosted 9/22/2011 1:39:19 AM
kungfuj0 posted...
another Call of Duty game

Nicely put.

Anyway, I recommend Dead or Alive 4. That game is an excellent fighting game where there is more to just blocking and waiting for an opportunity to strike back. Super Street Fighter IV isn't bad, but some people prefer to get Street Fighter II HD from XBLA.

I can also vouch for Tales of Vesperia and Lost Odyssey for RPG. Fallout 3 is good, but I much prefer Oblivion. If you want a good horror game, then Dead Space is your bet, however, with Resident Evil 4 having just been released on Games on Demand, that's also a very good bet, too.
---
"You... me... bu... erm... - wow you just blew my mind more than a hooker going down on a shotgun"-HulkxxxSMASH
#9sonicfreak0221(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2011 7:39:48 AM
thanks for the suggestions!

I already have RE4 on the Wii, so unless they added a lot new to it, I doubt I would pick it up. Oh and the GoW Xbox 360 is pretty cool looking. It is shiny and I like the red/black color scheme it has going on. I will have to check out Lost Odyssey and ToV.
---
I like men. - Crashman
#10LandfillAOPosted 9/22/2011 10:49:22 AM
- Alan Wake (possibly the best 360 exclusive imo)
- Forza 3 (or just wait for 4)
- Halo: Reach
- Halo 3
- Gears Of War triple pack (Gears 1 & 2 with all DLC) would be great to get caught up on the series
- Mass Effect 1 & 2 (if you like RPGs, this one is not even debateable unless you have them for PC)
- Project Gotham Racing 4 ( a fun arcade racer as opposed to Forza's sim racing)
- Shadow Complex
- Fable 3
- Metro: 2033

Can't go wrong with those games.