This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This ban wave is scaring me...

#21Halo_ForeverPosted 9/26/2011 2:46:12 AM
rberry88 posted...

So why would he mention specifically that Fable 2 worked and MW2 maps didn't, why not just say the illegal content didn't work but all my legal content did work then? He (and a friend) manipulated the system for marketplace theft and got caught. Simple as that. It's not like MS bans people and then let's them try to prove their innocence, they ban them after they already found them guilty (except for the small program glitch of late). If you look at the xbox.com support forums, let me know when you find a post from an XBLPet that states the suspension handed down was indeed uncalled for and will be lifted immediately.

He is wondering whether he might be banned, he hasn't been banned as far as I know. As for illegal content, you haven't read their usage restrictions I take it, the MW2 maps stopped working because that is how the license works ( they don't work if the orginal buyer isn't logged on on a secondary console),

The only questionable thing is Fable 2 but with an original download to his console, it should be within the usage restrictions. Otherwise there is something fishy.
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#22CapwnDPosted 9/26/2011 6:18:12 AM(edited)
the MW2 maps stopped working because that is how the license works ( they don't work if the orginal buyer isn't logged on on a secondary console),

That is not true. I have multiple 360 and 2 gamertags. I buy it once, move to another 360 and it works on both, while both online at the same time.

Actually, out of all DLC, map packs are something that I often end up buying for both of my XBL accounts anyways, but I usually still start out doing the thing where I download it to one of my 360 and then move my GT to my other 360.
---
ready for a bit of the o' ultra-violence
#23CapwnDPosted 9/26/2011 6:20:45 AM
let me know when you find a post from an XBLPet that states the suspension handed down was indeed uncalled for and will be lifted immediately.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/23/microsoft-reversing-recent-xbox-live-bans-caused-by-software-err/

Sorry... had to post this. But I do agree with you for the most part, and this is a unique thing, I agree with you about the fact that if they ban it's correct and usually stands.

However. What is being talked about here isn't why people are getting banned.
---
ready for a bit of the o' ultra-violence
#24Halo_ForeverPosted 9/27/2011 4:53:34 AM
CaPwnD posted...
the MW2 maps stopped working because that is how the license works ( they don't work if the orginal buyer isn't logged on on a secondary console),

That is not true. I have multiple 360 and 2 gamertags. I buy it once, move to another 360 and it works on both, while both online at the same time.

Actually, out of all DLC, map packs are something that I often end up buying for both of my XBL accounts anyways, but I usually still start out doing the thing where I download it to one of my 360 and then move my GT to my other 360.

I meant that the friend had already downloaded the maps to his own console in the past (making it the primary console, where all profiles can access said content), and only then downloaded them to the TC's Xbox (secondary). That way if the TC had played at the friend's house and the friends had played at the TC's house it would have worked, but if the TC didn't have access to his friend's GT on his Xbox when trying to play it wouldn't work.
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#25CapwnDPosted 9/27/2011 5:26:40 AM

CaPwnD posted...

I meant that the friend had already downloaded the maps to his own console in the past (making it the primary console, where all profiles can access said content), and only then downloaded them to the TC's Xbox (secondary). That way if the TC had played at the friend's house and the friends had played at the TC's house it would have worked, but if the TC didn't have access to his friend's GT on his Xbox when trying to play it wouldn't work.

I see.... Yeah that makes sense. I I thought you meant that when he logged in on his xbox that it went away on the other one.
---
As Above, So Below