This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

1 month of gold for $1

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. 1 month of gold for $1
4 years ago#1
Anyone else see this? What's the catch here?
4 years ago#2
No catch, they do this often. last time i was able to exploit it to get 6 months worth of live for $6
---
Currently Playing : Gears of War 3, Dead Island, Infamous 2, Xenoblade, Fruit Ninja Kinect, Gunstringer, BFBC2
4 years ago#3
how do you exploit it and why did you stop
4 years ago#4
bump
4 years ago#5
iNeeedHalp posted...
how do you exploit it and why did you stop

I can't remember exactly but basically you could keep hitting back on the purchase confirmation page and it would keep stacking it up to 6 times before it wouldn't let you any longer
---
Currently Playing : Gears of War 3, Dead Island, Infamous 2, Xenoblade, Fruit Ninja Kinect, Gunstringer, BFBC2
4 years ago#6
Is this Silver members on dashboard? Or to gold too?
---
XBL / PSN - Kanokare // Steam - Shannaro
3DS - Kanokare 1289-8224-7448 // Wii - 7539 2861 8425 1344
4 years ago#7
The catch is the automatic renewal. If you don't remember to cancel it after that first month, they'll start charging your card at the normal price. I don't know if they still do this, but there was a time when it was a huge hassle to try to cancel it too.
---
there is no excuse to show this episode 3 times in one week - Canti
So if adult swim were a gamefacks poster it would make the same topics too many times?-Zora
4 years ago#8
It's 5 minutes to cancel renewal after you get a live rep on the phone.
---
XBL / PSN - Kanokare // Steam - Shannaro
3DS - Kanokare 1289-8224-7448 // Wii - 7539 2861 8425 1344
4 years ago#9
la_mayonesa posted...
The catch is the automatic renewal. If you don't remember to cancel it after that first month, they'll start charging your card at the normal price. I don't know if they still do this, but there was a time when it was a huge hassle to try to cancel it too.

That's the catch if you don't read what you agree to, yes.

And turning off auto renew only takes a few minutes tops.
---
"Chaos Is Not Entropy...Chaos Is Continual Creation." -Praxis
Preparation For A Coming Darkness
4 years ago#10
Where might someone find this deal? I can't find it on the dashboard.
---
Zombies are like sprinkles, they make everything sweeter!
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. 1 month of gold for $1

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived