This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does gaming hurt your fingers/hands?

#31DahlVaughnniPosted 9/27/2011 7:52:19 PM
No. Not even after extended periods.
---
Gamertag & PSN: Archlvt
FFCC: EOT FC - 0261 0047 8986
#32blakbird13Posted 9/27/2011 10:01:12 PM
donwallo posted...
Switching to a trackball from a mouse completely cured my wrist problems.

Switching to a trackball really helped with the arthritis in my hands. With a mouse I can use my PC for about 10 minutes with a trackball I can use it for hours...
#33FeelMyBladePosted 9/27/2011 10:03:03 PM
Depends on the game and how long I play it for. Usually no. My brain will start hurting before my fingers/hands and I just stop.
---
Moral #5: Early to rise, early to bed, makes a man healthy, but socially dead.
#34SaraAB87Posted 10/3/2011 8:24:44 PM
Welp I guess the next time I need to I won't have to worry about sleeping with one on.... hopefully I won't need to though.

I was told its because it could cut off your circulation.
---
Apple Gamecenter username : SaraAB87
#35ZonedoggPosted 10/3/2011 9:27:54 PM
every day, i'm 33 and have artritis in my hands from 20 years of bowling...i have the right hand and left knee of an 80 year old
---
I don't discriminate, I hate everybody, xbl: IIII Demon III. psn:vbcave
#36RycerXPosted 10/3/2011 9:33:33 PM(edited)
Sometimes after I've spent hours and hours playing Street Fighter or something that makes heavy use of the PS3 dpad, the nailbed in my left thumb starts to hurt like a mother, it's like the nail begins to separate from the skin after rolling down+forward from the left so many times. Never used to happen on PS2, I think it's the rubber-esque material they used this time around instead of the less resistant plastic type from last gen that allowed your thumb to slide. The 360 controller has never hurt my hands, I'm sure it would if I tried the same games with the dpad, but I know better.
#37ninja_poopPosted 10/3/2011 9:40:19 PM
I think I remember play Mega man x6 way back in the day for a several hours straight when I was 11 or 12 I believe. It made my thumbs hurt from the analog sticks for days.
---
Not changing my signature until marijuana is legalized. Monday, January 18, 2010, 8:08 PM
#38kungfuj0Posted 10/3/2011 10:59:39 PM
SaraAB posted...
Welp I guess the next time I need to I won't have to worry about sleeping with one on.... hopefully I won't need to though.

I was told its because it could cut off your circulation.

It's all in how you wrap it. if you wrap it too tight, of course it can limit circulation. I just try to wrap my hand/wrist tightly enough to keep it from moving too much, but not so tightly that it bothers my circulation.

Of course again, the best thing I can say is take frequent breaks and listen to your body. If you do that, you may never need to wrap anything!

Of course I say this as Forza 4 looms and I'll probably be on that long enough to need a wrap!
---
Kungfuj0
#39pakathecatPosted 10/4/2011 6:56:51 AM
Not really on the 360. A bit on the DS and PSP Go. Computer mouse is the worst, developed a bad case of carpal tunnel from it in college.

360 controller is almost too big, though. I'm an adult woman with rather long fingers, and have to think it must be uncomfortable for kids' hands.