This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will Gamestop ship from store to store

#1WinnsockPosted 9/30/2011 5:51:15 PM
I tried to do instore pickup for a Limited Edition copy of Record of Agarest War, but my local gamestop called me and told me the package was split down the middle and very badly damaged. The closest gamestop to me that has the game is an hour away. Could I get them to ship to my local one, or is it against company policy?
---
GT: Winnsock
Streets of Rage Remake v5 - Final Version - Out Now!!! - www.bombergames.net
#2ivanwind15Posted 9/30/2011 5:54:01 PM
Why don't you ask them?
---
My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/ramblingtoad
Video games in 1080p!
#3Winnsock(Topic Creator)Posted 9/30/2011 6:24:11 PM
I will in a few days. Just looking for a quick response since I'm at work and can't exactly call them tonight.
---
GT: Winnsock
Streets of Rage Remake v5 - Final Version - Out Now!!! - www.bombergames.net
#4gabe2247Posted 9/30/2011 8:49:55 PM
I don't believe they will ship from store to store.
---
PSWII603DSPGO owner PSN: Gabe2247:::Gamertag: Gabe2247
Wii id # I don't remember..why can't they have names like everyone else does?
#5MestizoFreakPosted 9/30/2011 9:18:01 PM
You need to ask in person, and it needs to be a local store. I have 4 Gamestops within a 5-mile radius. I just ask about a certain title, mention that they have it in stock at one of the other stores, and they'll call and ask for them to bring it over, and I could have it the next day.

Thinking of doing that for Resident Evil 2 for Gamecube.
#6MarblesbunbunPosted 9/30/2011 9:21:44 PM
Unfortunately they will not do Store to Store.
I am moving in Jan and needed to transfer all my Pre-orders to the new store and they wouldn't let me. Nor would they ship the pre-orders once released to the store I am moving close to..

So sadly I am going to have to cancel a pile of new years pre-orders.
---
The patience it takes to play FFXI and EQ is the patience it takes to kill yourself by bashing your head into a wall.
#7Legit2QuitPosted 9/30/2011 9:28:22 PM
Marblesbunbun posted...
I am moving in Jan and needed to transfer all my Pre-orders to the new store and they wouldn't let me. Nor would they ship the pre-orders once released to the store I am moving close to..

They should do that. I had 2 pre-orders at a Gamestop near my college and realized I would be home for fall break when they came out and asked them to transfer it to another store and they said no problem.
#8MarblesbunbunPosted 10/2/2011 8:33:17 PM
Legit2Quit posted...
Marblesbunbun posted...

They should do that. I had 2 pre-orders at a Gamestop near my college and realized I would be home for fall break when they came out and asked them to transfer it to another store and they said no problem.

True, but I am moving to my Wife's home town across the Canadian border.
---
The patience it takes to play FFXI and EQ is the patience it takes to kill yourself by bashing your head into a wall.
#9True RunePosted 10/2/2011 9:45:49 PM
They do store to store.

Thats how I got all 3 of my DS Castlevania games AND my TE MvC2 Arcade Stick. Just make sure you have the number of the store you want it to come from, making it easier on them, makes it easier for you.

It'll take longer for it to get there than it will for you to just go and get it yourself tho.(like a week)
---
It took hundreds to kill me, but I killed humans by the THOUSANDS!!! Look at me!!! I am sublime!! I am the TRUE face of evil!!!
#10JukainPosted 10/3/2011 5:00:51 AM
@Marbles, they don't have GameStop in Canada. It's Future Shop the primary game retailer as far as I know based on Canadians I know.
---
"In peace, vigilance. In war, victory. In death, sacrifice." ~ The Grey Wardens
http://www.trueachievements.com/mygames.aspx?gamerid=71900