This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Alternative USB to work with your Xbox?

#1bloodlover4everPosted 10/2/2011 10:17:22 AM
I cant find the official USb one and i had scanned the scan disk one but didn't it says it is dangerous to use and some files might not work probably after transferring them.

So any suggestion on what's the best USB to use for Xbox!! Just want to move my saves files and profile from my brother's Xbox and I know the transferring cable moves everything so what's your suggestions?
---
BLF
#2xX_PsYcH0SIS_XxPosted 10/2/2011 10:28:10 AM
I never had any problems transferring saves/items using any memory stick and I switched over 4 times using different memory sticks. If you are that paranoid over losing your saves then get the transfer cable.
---
GT: dontbreak
#3vigorm0rtisPosted 10/2/2011 10:33:51 AM
I don't know, I used a transfer cable (yeah, an official one) and a fair amount of my data got corrupted. Fortunately all my saves that I cared about were backed up on a USB.
---
Everything's better with zombies. Except pie.
#4bloodlover4ever(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2011 10:35:07 AM
xX_PsYcH0SIS_Xx posted...
I never had any problems transferring saves/items using any memory stick and I switched over 4 times using different memory sticks. If you are that paranoid over losing your saves then get the transfer cable.

Can you choose the file you want to transfer, because from my understanding the transfer cable moves everything.
---
BLF
#5bloodlover4ever(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2011 12:55:00 PM
vigorm0rtis posted...
I don't know, I used a transfer cable (yeah, an official one) and a fair amount of my data got corrupted. Fortunately all my saves that I cared about were backed up on a USB.

Which type of USB do you usually use?
---
BLF
#6vigorm0rtisPosted 10/2/2011 1:10:07 PM
BloodLoverForever posted...
vigorm0rtis posted...

Which type of USB do you usually use?

PNY.
---
Everything's better with zombies. Except pie.
#7bloodlover4ever(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2011 1:13:21 PM
Ok... Thanks
---
BLF
#8BB52700Posted 10/2/2011 2:02:30 PM
I have two 16GB SanDisk USBs and have never had a problem with them. They are among the more reliable ones on the market.
---
I do the best Chewbacca impression EVER!
#9CapwnDPosted 10/2/2011 3:08:31 PM
I did some comparisons with a couple drives, one of the PNY I tried passed the test but with warnings. I like the Patriot Xporter. Here's the test resutls from what I tested, the Xporter worked well:

http://s1.zetaboards.com/FewGoodMen/topic/3221470/
---
As Above, So Below