This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it dumb that I'm canceling my Battlefield 3 copy because...

#1Ghost of Brandon LeePosted 10/3/2011 1:39:54 AM
I'm absolutely terrible at its multiplayer via the beta? I'm generally terrible at online FPS games as it is but I'm not sure if paying $60 dollars for just the campaign is worth it. I have it fully paid off but I'm thinking of switching my money to Skyrim.

I'm not here to discredit Battlefield I just find myself constantly struggling behind my friends when it comes to these games...kind of makes me sad I can't hang. :/
---
Activision's Bobby Kotick hates developers, innovation, cheap games and you.
May 1st, 2011: Christian becomes the 11th WWE Grandslam Champion. Believe it.
#2vigorm0rtisPosted 10/3/2011 1:45:35 AM
If you're not having fun, don't get it. I used to play CoD just to play with my friends that are scattered all over the country and wasn't ever bothered by the fact that I was usually pretty terrible. If it bothers you, though, there's really no point.
---
Everything's better with zombies. Except pie.
#3AscoltarePosted 10/3/2011 1:46:12 AM
Not really. If it's not your type of game don't force yourself into being peer-pressured. I'm sure Skyrim will give you just as much enjoyment as BF3. Also, FPS campaigns are not good at all and aren't worth the $60 price. So I say switch to Skyrim. It'll probably be a better game anyways.
---
Things I hate: People who use Google as a verb. Over protective fanboys.
Waiting for: BF3, MW3, Skyrim, Revelations, PC.
#4NekiruhPosted 10/3/2011 1:47:36 AM
Man up, sissy boy! That's quitter's talk! You grab that rifle and march up there with the big boys!

But eh, to each his own. Not really dumb if you don't enjoy being killed over and over and over. Then again, the Beta does have some bugs that might be the case - such as increased damage on moving targets.

If you're really determined to play with your friends, you can always take a support role.
---
MvC3: $60 - UMvC3: $40 - Fighting is Magic: Priceless.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR9qtgIi3Rw
#5mess98Posted 10/3/2011 2:24:36 AM
I was terrible at Halo 3 for years.
I would go -3 or more on a regular basis.

That being said, it was one of my favourite games. Still is... although I DO beat up on the scrubs now.
---
Forget the Sox and Yankees... it's all about the Blue Jays, baby!
#6LapanuiPosted 10/3/2011 2:31:50 AM
The more you play a game, the better you get. Well that's what it was like with me. I remember playing CoD4 when it was released. I had a ratio of like 1, I thought I was pretty good at the time, but I looked at it a few months ago and compared to my 1.7X in Black Ops, 1.4X in WaW and 1.XX in MW2 I realised I wasn't that great.

The 1.0 ratio on CoD4 was on the PS3 lol. I must of been really terrible. I played on it again and was doing amazing. I was so much better than I was before. I don't know if it's because the 360 players are more competitive or that I have just gotten better at playing it.

When I first played BC2, it was my first Battlefield game. I had just played the demo or beta, can't remember which one it was, but it was before the game was release obviously. I wasn't that great. Couldn't get used to the bullet drop, the clunky-ish controls compared to CoD and I was dieing quite often. I got the game regardless because I was having fun, my mate was getting it and we were having a lot of fun on it. I got so much better, I could use all of the classes pretty well. I was doing great at TDM and Rush. Me and my mate would destroy the enemies when we got in a tank. He would drive, I was on the Machine Gun. He would take out enemy tanks and buildings, while I would take out Heli's and enemy infantry. If the tank was damaged, he would find a good spot further away from the battle and we would repair it (we were both Engineer's at the time).

We have both played BF3 beta together as well and we destroyed that as well. I was Supporter and he was Assault. We made a great team.

You shouldn't get games just because your mates are getting it, if you don't enjoy it, don't get it. Why waste money on something you know you aren't going to enjoy? I know I wouldn't spend 40+ on a game just because my mate got it. I would do my research, watch some videos and if I feel I could get into it easy, I would consider getting it.
---
Intel i7 930 @ 3.2GHz, Zalman CNPS10X Extreme, EVGA x58 FTW Motherboard, Corsair Dominator 6GB DDR3, EVGA GTX 570, Corsair HX 650W Modular PSU.
#7lwantedzeroPosted 10/3/2011 2:53:10 AM
You're considering not getting a game because you don't find it fun?

And you think that might be a dumb idea?

This world >_>
---
"Squirrels are hot." - RIger
#8MacDofGlasgowPosted 10/3/2011 3:03:20 AM
I'm not getting it at full price because I don't like the mulitplayer. With games like these, a lot of the focus goes on MP and it serves them well as increasingly, it seems to be what people like. I mostly just like the SP of this and COD, Halo, Gears etc, so I'll just wait till it's cheaper. Alas, probably be into 2012 as I don't see a price drop before Christmas.
---
Backlog (6): Blue Dragon, Sacred 2, Risen, Mind Jack, X3, Dungeon Siege 3
#9Splice_Posted 10/3/2011 4:13:03 AM
Rent it first
#10hellbringherPosted 10/3/2011 4:23:00 AM
What you should do is get the ok from a bunch of Internet strangers because it's not ok to spend your own money.
---
If someone tells you that you are on a roll...you butter say thank you